Wifi hotels Sukhumvit

man_ghon

Bourbon St.

HAS GONE WIRELESS !

Yes, Bourbon St. and the rooms at the Bourbon St. Boutique Hotel now have fast wireless broadband Internet connections available (1Mbit/second download speed). This puts a whole new meaning into "Surf and Turf", but we do recommend that you keep the steak sauce off of your keyboard.

After paying a one-time 100 baht activation fee, our guests can use their wireless-equipped computers at any time to access the Internet. No limits, no kidding. Check the latest sports scores, see if your bank balance will cover a cognac and a cigar, or email home about the great dinner you just had - you can do it here without all those nasty wires or slow dial-up speeds. Goodbye Internet Cafes - Hello Internet Restaurant! One more reason to visit Bourbon St..

http://www.bourbonstbkk.com/wireless.html

Was thinking of Royal Benja on Soi 5 but went on a recon today and wifi is charged at

150 bt 15 min

300 bt 30 min

650 bt 24 hrs

All cards expire in 24 hrs.

Strolled down to Windsor suites and they were a little better but 700 / night dearer on the above hoteldiscount website.

300 bt 60 min

600 bt 24 hrs

Im looking at near Sukhumvit BTS below 2000Bt

Now, most Bangkok hotels have wifi available. However they also charge for it as well.

Tim

Anyone know what protection the hotels use on their Wi-Fi networks? If they use WEP that's not too hard to get around the security and get yourself free Wi-Fi ;)

They don't use WEP, but you need to put a password in to get past their proxy.

Nothing in the Nana Hotel yet?

They have phone jacks in every room, but service is inconsistent from room to room -- some work great, while others don't work at all. Set up your modem string with a 9 to get past the switchboard, followed by a coma to pause while getting the second dial tone. Outside calls are dirt cheap.

You can pick up plenty of outside wifi signals, but I've never been able to use any.

In a pinch I just use my cellphone as a modem, and can a least get email at 9600 baud (turn off graphics). I have Earthlink DSL at home, and they have a free local number in Bangkok.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived