Apple or MS

Solomick

Is Adobe Premier Pro and Photoshop CS2 compatible with apple or does it have to run in an parallel?

Bust Autocad I am using is for pipe design work (oil rig installations) use's a lot of processing power.

The video editing I use at moment is Adobe premier pro (inputing from DV) this is more personel use and I want to advance this more but as I have just bought a sony video camera and housing for diving, current laptop sony VGN-T3XP can't really cope with it.

Photoshop CS2 installs and runs on OSX.

Premiere does not...they gave up the ship when Final Cut Pro took over. Premiere is a good program, but doesn't have the full feature set of FCP.

However....wonderlust incorrectly states: Lots of programs won't run on macs. I think you mean Lots of programs won't run on OSX. Lots of games too.

The mac is capable of running Unix, Windows, and OSX operating systems. For a development environment you can't beat that.

So Apple, with a pentel chip, is the only computer that can run EVERY program.

They only have 5% because they are a bunch of pompous asses.

It's always interesting to see the development of threads about macintosh/apple. Since the first mac in 1985 (I've worked with computers since 1976) it's almost been a religion. Once upon a time computer viruses just existed in the macintosh environment - because all hackers used apples.

I converted in the beginning of the nineties - working as a partner in an international consultancy group - documents and manuals from mac to pc world. The mac I used then crashed more times than all my pcs have ever done and will do also in future.

No, there are many programs not possible to run a macintosh.

All the young hackers have since long moved to linux world. Actually you can run all mac and pc programs under linux. Only problem with linux is that is damned difficult to install, if you let an expert do that it will run forever without crashes.

As CT said Apple always has been better for graphics/printing, even if you today can get the same or equal programs for pcs Apple still is to recommend for that but just for that.

Moving to an Intel processor was necessary to get back from the sidetrack where Apple stayed so long. Still there's a risk that Apple will lose the position as outsider.

Lots of programs won't run on macs. For an all purpose machine PCs are 100 times better. You'll get a lot more processing power for your money from an Intel Core2Duo than a mac. Apple are great for MP3 players not computers. Why do you think they only have 5% market share?

WL, Macs use intel core2duo....they will soon be using the 8 core intel chipset...around April...in their desktops....Adobe CS3 is due out at about the same time too...the betas for Adobe CS3 have been floating around for Apple for a while...

In previous benchmark tests, Macs were shown to be the fastest for graphic related work.

The Mac share for laptops alone is rising, at around 10% now, they sold 3 million last quarter. When the high end desktop machines come out, expect a buketload to be sold.

CAD wise, there's archicad and vectorworks for mac..both pretty good...often updated. There's rumours of Apple releasing a new app as a head on competitor for Avid at NAB this year...

http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=2585

Archived