She is bad, why is she so lucky?

thalenoi

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not going to comment on the equation money = happiness. I can see both arguments...

What money doesn't do is make you a better person especially if you never earned it, respect it and understand it...

Poor people who suddenenly come into money (sport stars, farm girls, lottery winners) have a known history to make their life worse in terms of non-financial troubles, problems, broken relationships, greed and sometimes ending almost as poor from the point they started or even dead...

It is called having/acquiring money management skills and not letting money (i.e. consuming) be the main driving force in one's life...

I think many might be happy or think they are happy but many are less of quality person than when without....

CB

I can't recall where, but I've just seen a study that showed - as I remember - that most people would rather make $50,000 in a society where the average was $25,000 than make $100,000 where the average was $250,000 - all other factors the same (prices, basically). Presuming that people choose happiness (or situations that make them happy) it seems relative wealth and social position (could we say face?) are more important to our happiness than money alone. Someone else has probably written this earlier in the post...

Perhaps the outcome would be different when we're talking about below-subsistence and above-subsistence amounts.

YimSiam

Archived