Sonthi: United States behind Southern violence

waerth

It is bizarre...but typical LOS...avoid responsibility by pointing a finger elsewhere, create a discussion/smokescreen etc....i presume Sonthi thinks he's being clever, as this 'government' seems to think it is...but really it's going to cause a few problems...really, they seem to want to create a new China here lately...web site blocking is back full on now too...i was able to access some sites previously blocked for a while, but it's all back now...welcome to China version 2 (beta 1).

I'm with Limbo on this. Never say never. The fact is that the US has a well established record of interfering in countries all over the globe in a similar manner. Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam to name but a few in the immediate neighbourhood (They also have a long history of interferance in Thailand and there are apparently lots of CIA types operating here).

I don't think it is likely but I wouldn't dismiss it completely. Sondhi was on the ball regarding Thaksin's antics.

In any case, expect to see a greatly increased involvement in the region, especially since Cambodia is now a petro-state (they're building a US naval base there)and since much of the oil/gas in the gulf is subject to disputes between the Cambodians and the Thais.

Agree with elef.

sondhi is not sonthi.........

I wonder if elef did not post his remark what would have been the reaction of some board members?

(fingerpointing general sonthi perhaps???)

Of course the US have interestes in the area.

Now accusing them of something without proofs is a bit too hasty.

I'm still trying to find out if those "legal prohibitions against bigamy" actually exist!

p.s. The amount of gas and oil off southern Thailand is hardly enough to interest GWB. As I recall, it is also off Songkla, not Pattani -- and Songkla is a mainly Buddhist province.

Don't know what a kerrist is, but I've learned something the last 8 years staying with thais almost 24/7... :cool: Far from an expert - there are many enough alredy - but know more than many on some very small fields.

Archived