Help me find a name for my Bar (Big Award package)

ChristianTroy

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree that trademark and web availability should be careful considerations. Why not let us bat around the words of interest & then some a bit longer? Something may click and brain cells are getting exercised:

Blue Eros Bar

Blue Waters Bar

Blue on Blue Bar (song?)

Blue Sin Bar

Blue Bohemian Bar

Blue Dolphin Bar

Clearly Blue Bar

Poseidon Paradise Bar

The only down side I guess CT is you may have copyright issues with a few people. Sin City is a registered trademark and you will not be able to use that domain name. May prove a problem for advertising.

I said it above already, I have checked an there is no trademark on Sin City, if I would make a movie or a comic book with this name I could be in trouble for copyright infringement but with opening a bar I am 100% fine! Frank Miller tried to register the name Sin City but couldn't get it because it was a too common word! The logo must not look like the movie or the comic book logo, that could cause me some headaches. The downside is that I can't protect the name myself, if it happens in Thailand and someone opens a bar there are ways to stop that from happening!

I can't register Sin City as a .com/.net /.org domain but there are variations I can use, it is not 100% ideal but doesn't concern me really.

Thanx for your input Bust!

CT -

1 While you said names don't need to match the theme I disagree, strongly

You know I have a love for underwater from a video I shared with you so I think the mermaid aspect is great, if thats the theme the name should follow.

Yes I do know about your love for "underwater" :) Maybe we get even the chance to work together and make a video for the bar with nude mermaids, you never know :)

SIN CITY it is, simply because it is a good name. I agree with you that based on the facts I have posted it might sound inappropriate, but then there are ways to add a skyline to the bar. We also have one of the best air condition systems in the ceiling so we can just paint whatever we like on the ceiling. If you look up you will see New York from an underwater view, someone just gave me the number of an awesome painter who came up with the idea. SIN CITY will be an underwater "city" packed with sins!

The thing about bar names is that they are supposed to motivate to come inside, i doubt that given the current bar situation that people will be disappointed even when the name doesn't match the scenery 100%. There is loads of action going on, shower, hot tubs, masturbation beds and the a very big show stage and most importantly, hot stunners. In theory you are 100% right, I could not agree more, but of the green table it is all about the impression you make and if the first impression is good the people will come back!

Last night I discussed that name with my business partner and some people who are in business for 8 years, they all loved it because it sounds famous and big.

That is the concept, motivate them to come inside and keep them inside with a spectacular service and nice ladies!

Archived