Help me find a name for my Bar (Big Award package)

ChristianTroy

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that I've had time to reflect, I think Sin City is a great name. It is kinda modern but not faddish. Kinda tawdry but not sleezy. And I think you actually benefit from the movie and Vegas because once you hear the name, you can't help but get strong mental images to associate with the bar.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

My big recommendation now is to hire a good DJ. Not stripper DJs playing crappy songs like that 'I like to move it move it' song. There is so much bad music in Bangkok, even in the best clubs. I'd play pop, electro, radio stuff in the afternoons and early evening - basically the stuff that most people are familiar with. Switch to some slower sexy cocktail/lounge downtempo stuff around 7-8 for the post dinner crowd where girls can dance a littler slower and sexier. Switch to soulful house from 8-11 building to build up some energy. Leading up to some bass-heavy booty-shaking banging stuff (euro techno, breakbeats, progressive house) from 11 til closing. Seriously, I think if you put a little effort into the music, people will notice.

Don't play hip-hop. It's too strippertastic.

Sin City is a rather new name for Pattaya, can't remember seeing for more than 6 months or so, so CTs bar may surf on a wave spreading this new name of Pattaya. Actually it's not the only new name of Pattaya, Fun City was introduced about same time. :cool:

Christian,

Have you got top line computer software and all the accountancy backups as well as training and fraud control measures because I assure you, operating a discount scheme to specific customers whilst excluding others is a nightmare for the staff.

I've tried it manually and it cannot work effectively. The only way is to manage it from personally unless you have the aforementioned systems in place.

Drop me a line if you want to meet up for a beer and a chat.

All the best

Andy

Hi Andy,

The software is an enhanced version of a wireless POS-Software (point of sale) A friend of mine was raving about it and uses it in his discotheque in Germany since 3 years. It is easy to maintain and automatically transfers the orders from a hand held to the central station and a back up to the main computer in the office. Hand held solution because it speeds up things, 1 group takes the orders which are transferred wireless and another group of girls delivers the drinks! The discount system has 5 different price stages, the customer gives his card to the waitress when he opens the tab, it will be read into the system which automatically identifies his level and will automatically deduct the discount. When he pays the check the card will be manually inserted into the system again and overwritten with his new status! The staff won't have any hassle with it except of inserting the card into a slot! Possible fraud is that people will pass the card to a friend, but then we have the very good "name recognition system" from the ladies who usually never forget a name!

ps

are you Andy, friend of Kens? Have you been to Showcase at 9:30 yesterday to meet him?

I think you sent us all off on a wild goose chase with your first post by suggesting you wanted an aquatic theme and the letters A-F but you went with neither!

Actually I have said the name doesn't have to go with the theme, but maybe that was poor english and my fault! I also said it would be great to have name starting with A-F but if it is a catchy name everything is fine! Sin City full fills the requirements and I will possibly get less clicks from people who aren't here. Who isn't here doesn't make me money, when they are actually on Walking Street, I think the name comes in very handy! Also hoping the people like my setup and the girls and spread the news to their friends!

But never mind, Sin City is a great name.

Thanx a lot, I am glad you like it!

Sin City is a rather new name for Pattaya, can't remember seeing for more than 6 months or so, so CTs bar may surf on a wave spreading this new name of Pattaya. Actually it's not the only new name of Pattaya, Fun City was introduced about same time. :cool:

CT,

Glad you got away from anything blue-related, that's more gay than the Village People. I know it seems absurd in the context of Pattaya, but might the BiB and others someday decide that they don't like the city's reputation and current moniker as Sin City, and suggest you change your name? Then all the good word you've built up is gone.

Whatever the name, will definitely be by for a visit as soon as I'm able to return to Sin City by the Sea! Unless, of course, you call it Blue... Good luck!

YimSiam

Heart Thais

my DJ will be a person who can read and operate a CD player! He will not play one song that he picks himself! Besides the 8 action stages with the 4 beds, 3 fishtanks and the center lesbian shower/jacuzzi, the stage is designed to cater shows, it will be basically a show bar and therefore we will play music that creates the atmosphere for the show! There will always be 2 shows (4 songs) and 2 songs with regular gogo dancers, who doesn't like the stage show has 8 more action points to look at! Music is gonna be a mix of all. Older people and younger fellas should be able to enjoy them music together!

There won't be any too modern stuff and there won't be any to old fashioned stuff! The Pussycat Dolls have some real good ones, especially those the masses don't know from the radio. The new disco CD from Madonna has some good songs that everybody can handle, I do love the swing songs of Michael Buble I just find the mood on that CD amazing, some uplifting rock classics etc... The bar won't have a music style, what makes fun is allowed. There are so many songs that EVERYBODY knows and can sing along to, there won't be any problems, I am sure!

Fun City is a great name as well! I love it! The thing about Pattaya is that it is changing and improving. You open a generic bar with a stage and girls pretending to dance on it you might not be able to cover your costs sooner or later since the people have tasted blood at places like Boesche, they want more and they want gimmicks, I remember being one of the first at Whats Up Agogo, it was empty all night and now you can't get seated after 9:30 PM simply because it is ignoring the rest of the city and is doing it's own thing! I promise you that with the start of the next tourist season the most places will have improved their setups! Some doing it wrong by beeing too ultra modern, such as Roxy or Taboo, they look great but aren't cozy, some others just hit the nail on the head and way on top is Whats Up A GoGo, It is one hell of a nasty place. 6 Lesbians making out and licking pussy right in front of your eyes in a hot tub is something men really want to see! My bar is basically a mix of all that works right now and the fishtanks are the signature attraction of the bar and the only really new thing! The name IS different and you will see many will change their names when they have improved their setups! Actually and honestly I am not riding on a wave, I am just jumping on the bandwagon!

Thanx again guys, I am going to take myself out of this thread now, it created much traffic already and continuing would be too spammish IMO. The name is found and I have heard a lot of reasonable concerns and advices, not only about the name and I am greatful to have received this amazing support, I really am. Thanx a lot, I am off for some "research" now.

Archived