Thai Business Visa in Adelaide

Julian2

Anyone who comes to Thailand on "business" is supposed to have a business visa.

But 99% of people just enter on the tourist visa.

I'm talking about people who come up for a 2 or 3 day conference and the like.

With the Non-Immigrant B-type visa, you can get single entry and multiple entry.

The single entry is the one business people are supposed to obtain, and the multiple entry is the one that is valid for unlimited entries and valid for 12 months with 3 months entry each time. This one is a lot harder to get.

Work permits are VERY hard.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Torrenova, the problem is that this is a grey zone, the law is not upheld. If a person gets a business visa you suppose he'll do business, but before he starts to do that he must go to ministry for labour and get a work permit which you can get for one day - in theory.

In general it's better to go on a tourist visa and just go meet some old friends. A friend of mine and an american went for a business trip to a south american country 10 years ago, my friend followed the advice from an other friend and got a tourist visa, the american followed the rule-book. At arrival my friend passed the immigration without trouble, but the american were taken for interview. It ended with that as he stayed in the country 2 % of the year, he made 1 million dollar a year, 20,000 dollars were his income while in that country, ended with he had to pay 10,000 in tax before entering. He even got a receipt and told that he could deduct it from the US tax according to the tax treaty.

So stay away from business visas.

Sorry don't agree. Business visas in the UK are easy and entering Thailand with them is fine as well.

The information is published by the Thai Consulate in the UK and they would be liable for any costs or penalties incurred.

The fact is that going to a business meeting is not working in LOS, it is working for your non Thai company attending a business meeting. You are there on business but not working.

South America is more Micky Mouse than here.

• 4 weeks later...
Wouldn't an APEC card be a better solution ??

APEC card is getting harder to get these days.

I know someone who just applied and got knocked-back.

Also, I believe that most Thai consulates in Oz are now not issuing multiple entry Non-Imm B visas now.

I think Melbourne still may, but I don't think Hobart and Sydney are. Not sure about Adelaide.

I think this only changed last week.

Wouldn't an APEC card be a better solution ??

APEC card is getting harder to get these days.

I know someone who just applied and got knocked-back.

Also' date=' I believe that most Thai consulates in Oz are now not issuing multiple entry Non-Imm B visas now.

I think Melbourne still may, but I don't think Hobart and Sydney are. Not sure about Adelaide.

I think this only changed last week.[/quote']

I applied for an APEC card, will see how I go, but what are my options otherwise if they knock me back on the APEC, as I am planning 6 month stay later this year, if what u say is true about immigration not issuing multi-entry visa.

I'm in Sydney, yikes!!!!

You might have to take a trip to the consultate in Melbourne in St Kilda Road. Give the consulates in Sydney and Melbourne a call and see what the story is.

If you do, post back so we know what the latest story is... it's changing every 5 days at the moment!

Julian2; is Australia your home country?

I have been told that you can only get a multiple-entry Non-Im. "B" from a Thai Consulate in one's home country.

Yep. J2's an Aussie. (Well... from Adelaide, so close enough! :cover: )

Yes, what you've written is correct. However, I believe that in the last week, that Melbourne is now the only consulate that will issue a multiple entry Non B.

Apparently, the story is that you now have to get a single entry Non-Imm B visa in Australia. This is valid for 90 days.

Then after arrival in Thailand you need to go and see immigration if you want it changed to a multiple entry visa.

The problem is, is that they will only change it to a multiple entry visa for the time that the original visa is valid - ie. 90 days.

The 12 month Non-Imm B is on the way out.

From consulates in Australia, anyway. :(

Not sure about US / UK / Canada etc.

Archived