Thai Business Visa in Adelaide

Julian2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the biz visa vs. tourist visa choice for business travellers I must admit I'm a bit confused as well :)

For thailand it's easy I'll always go for the VOA option as all it takes is a a small stamp in my euro passport.

Its countries like India, Cambodia & now Indonesia where getting a multiple entry business visa is useful especially if company paid as it'll allow multiple biz and/or pleasure visits during validity needing only 1 full page in the passport.

All it takes getting the visa is money & a letter of support from the company you're supposedly visiting ;)

If I had APEC qualifying passport I'd apply for that one for sure, but unfortunately I don't as of yet :banghead:

Now although I don't fear Elef's extreme banana republic example of tax bribes I do foresee a potential situation of immigration and/or customs questions why I e.g. am entering LOS on tourist visa exemption & at the same time carrying work stuff like badge, equipment etc.?

Wonder what a worst case scenario would look like if *caught*???

• 4 weeks later...

Well can't give an update on the visa situation in Sydney as it looks like I won't be needing one. My application for an APEC has been successful, I just hope Thailand get me clear with the next few weeks, as I only have been cleared by Japan so far.

Don't hold your breath. Amazinginly, China was one of the first through for me (when they told me it would take them 12 months - it was only 2 weeks!) and Thailand came through after about 30 days after approval.

Hopefully yours will be quicker.

if i was wanting to get a visa for 6 months/ayear(or whatever way it can add up to a year) next year for thailand when im a permanent resident of australia but not a citizen.

will i be able to get it here or will i be classed as a british citizen as thats my current/will be my current passport?

I would think you'd be classes as a British citizen, but I could be wrong.

However, the Thai Consulate in Brisbane is EXCELLENT (unlike the one in Sydney who ask all sorts of questions and are a pain in the arse!) and if you're going to get a visa in Australia, Brisbane and Melbourne are the 2 consulates to get them from.

Nice people at the Brissie consulate, and very easy-going and laid-back.

MooNoi,

dont scare me mate, I'm leaving the country on the 9th July, so I'm hoping Thailand clears me before that.

I should be able to get a temp card till the rest of the countries approve me, although I have been told I can get a pre-approved card to those countries that have already cleared me.

I'm hoping the thai'do it in the next couple of weeks.

Looks like we'll be cutting it fine, I leave in about 5 weeks, but worse case, I can get it sent to me by family memeber, where I'll be staying in Europe (not getting to LOS till late septembner), but much prefer to have it sorted b4 i go.

Didn't know it took sooooooooo long for it all to be processed.

I find it strange why the other countries need to clear you. What would they possibly know about me anyway. Thats why all the checks are done by the country of your residence, and once they clear you, that really should be good enough for the rest.

This process is not very efficient business wise in my opinion.

Archived