Thai Business Visa in Adelaide

Julian2

Went and applied for a multiple entry Thai business visa in the Royal Thai consulate in Adelaide today.

Got there at 11am when the Consul arrives and was taken straight in, the paperwork was sorted out and $225 paid in about ten minutes and I was told I could pick up my passport any time after noon tomorrow.

Anyone wanting details of the letter required etc, give me a PM.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's interesting elef, most of what I'll be doing to start with involves product research on behalf of an Australian company, purchasing samples etc. If it gets more labor intensive down the track I'll certainly consider a work permit.

Julian, consult a lawyer, I think that even for such actions you need a work permit. There're inspections at fairs and conventions and if they find you without work permit you risk fines, jail and deportion forever.

That's interesting elef, most of what I'll be doing to start with involves product research on behalf of an Australian company, purchasing samples etc. If it gets more labor intensive down the track I'll certainly consider a work permit.

Elef is correct. The letter of the law reads that you need a work permit to even attend a conference. But of course that is not enforced unless you piss someone off. Make your own decision, just be aware and be careful.

Cheers,

SD

Does it not depend upon who is paying your salary ? If you were working for a Thai company you would need a permit but if you were working for a non Thai company and coming here for business meetings I do not think you need a permit, only a non imm B visa. Effectively you are not working in Thailand.

I am sure that the tens of thousands of people here on conferences etc. each year may have visas (though not all) but what miniscule percentage have a work permit or could even get a work permit ?

Archived