Transfer Money FromThailand to Oz

MooNoi

Sending money out of Thailand is one of those things that is different for everyone. Some people have trouble sending any amount out, while others have no trouble sending large amounts out. I know it might sound daft, but dress nicely when you go into the bank, have your documents all ready (work permit if you have one) and it should not be a problem.

As far as I am aware, there is no specific regulation that says that money cannot be transferred out. I have transferred money out without problem and I always do as I mentioned - dress nicely and take my work permit along.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
just take our word on it. Exchange the baht to AUD in LOS or else prepare to loose 5-10%++

Why would I do something like take the word of an internet forum poster whose backup is "take our word for it" ?

Perhaps if you explained why and offered some evidence I would be more inclined to believe you.

One final tip always keep amounts under $10,000 AU. The banks are obligated to report any fund transfers of equal or greater to the ATO.

As for some evidence it's basic foreign exchange rate logic between first and third world countries.

Ok... I should have made myself clearer I guess.

What I need to know is this: I have a Mastercard issued in Australia. (Not by a bank, but by GE Finance).

If I have a job that pays me in THB, and I pay this money into a regular savings account with Bank Of Ayudhaya can I transfer the money from BOA to my Mastercard electronically somehow to pay the card each month?

Sorry for any confusion.

(And yes, I should've just asked this in the first place!)

From the Commonwealth Bank of Australia web site

http://www.commbank.com.au/personal/search/SearchResults.asp?SearchString=Foreign+Exchange+Rates

24.79 and 31.21 Buy and Selling rates, a large spread.

From Bangkok Bank web site, http://www.bangkokbank.com/Bangkok+Bank/Personal+Banking/Foreign+Exchange/FX+Rates/default.htm

28.24 29.17

So when some Australian suggests buying and selling your A$ and Baht in Thailand, you can see why~

you will have to send the money to your CBA account, then use Bpay to transfer the money to GE

I currently use Bpay to pay from my CBA account now, just that my new job I will be paid in THB, so I have to get the money from BOA account to CBA account in order to use Bpay.

P.S. Keedar - thanks for your info too! :thumbup:

MooNoi, as long as the account names are the same you'll have no problem exporting the Baht into Australia as per Thai Banking rules. "Family" is the reason you need to give.

Paying a Visa/Master Card account here directly I discovered a long time ago is impossible. You would think with being able to withdraw cash advance from any bank here, making a deposit would also be possible but sadly not so!

Archived