Swiss man jailed for 10 years for lese majeste

elef

I agree with you,

they should have him deported for good, that is a clear signal to the world already! Maybe 250,000 baht fine, on the other hand he might have deserved it, just because couldn't buy a beer in his favorite bar he doesn't have to go wild! I mean... seriously.... that shows some potential of mental illness, don't you think?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The swastika is one of the worlds oldest symbols. My mother (born in Canada) told me that the north American Indians used it as a symbol of peace. The Nordic swastika (mirror image of the Nazi swastika) allegedly has developed from the sun wheel which is carved into rock in many places in Sweden. These rock carvings are 2500 - 3500 years old. The Nordic swastika used to be in the company logo of one of Swedens largest companies ASEA (now half of ABB). It also used to be the map symbol of a hydro electric power plant when I was young. Furthermore when I worked on a Swedish tanker when I was young all ships from Iceland had the Nordic swastika on their bow. They later had to remove it as some ports run by ignorants would not let the ships in.

I have never understood why Jews should take precedence when it comes to describing history. After all they are not the only people to be subjected to genocide.

I mean... seriously.... that shows some potential of mental illness, don't you think?

Are you speaking about the action of the Courts or the man in question?

Speaking of a question, I assume that, and here I quote from U.S. State Department web site;

"Ministry of Interior officials are responsible for most incidents of abuse of prisoners, including beatings, whippings, sleep deprivation, and at least three cases of drugging of foreign prisoners. In addition there were allegations of torture, including allegations of beatings with sticks, suspension from bars by handcuffs, and threats against family members."

AND

"such as alcohol related offenses or being alone in the company of an unrelated person of the opposite sex, sometimes were punished by caning."

These punishments are totally acceptable, above reproach and no one should even think of complaining, correct?~

The swastika is a common design in Indian baskets and rugs in the American southwest. I have a valuable old "Two Grey Hills" rug that has a swastika in each corner hanging in my bedroom at home. The swastika faces the same way as the Nazi Hackenkreuz, but is level (or whatever), not at an agle as the Nazis used it.

In the country of India, the swastika faces to the left. The swastika is also common as a Buddhist symbol, especially in Vietnam. It represents enlightenment and many girls wear it on a gold chain around their neck. I remember a Jewish American coming all unglued when he saw a young girl wearing a swastika. What did the cretin think she was, as Asian Nazis?

Nevertheless, there are plenty of idiots in Thailand who wear the Nazi Hackenkreuz, knowing exactly what it is. The morons apparently think it is "cool".

We had that discussion so I don't link to wikipedia this time, the indians actually used it both ways (and also the nazi version) is my only comment.

More disturbing for me are all those farangs driving motorbikes in Pattaya with plastic helmets which are copies of the german soldiers' helmet from WWII (maybe also WWI - to lazy to check).

The coal shuttle helmet. Not just German, but generally considered German. Still worn by the military in some South American countries. But the loonies in Pattaya wear plastic copies. Only good thing about it is the plastic helmets are so flimsy they won't give any protection if the idiot lands on his head!

Incidentally, the Thai Army still uses Imperial German military drill. They learned it from their German advisors over a century ago. Watch the Trooping of the Colours in December. The uniforms and drill are Imperial German! Add in the mounted units and it is like watching a scene out of the past.

p.s. HM's royal papa graduated from the Imperial German Naval Academy in Kiel and for a time was an ensign in the Kaiser's navy.

Archived