Baby stuff you can and more importantly can't find in LOS

torrenova

Was just looking through some things I am going to have to get sorted out in the next couple of months and I realise that there are loads of things which don't seem to be available in Thailand or at least they are not available at the quality we find in the west.

Can you guys maybe advise on some things which we should get from the west and perhaps some ideas of things which are available here and where they can be purchased.

Cheers guys

Torrenova,

Not sure what you are referring to, but we found everything for our two newborns we need in the LOS.

Most of it was available in Samui but some things we bought in BKK/Phuket, just because of quality and range availablity.

Especially in PTY I wouldn't ecpect any shortage of baby related things, especially being so near to BKK.

Maybe be a bit more specific about what you think you need and myself or others may be able to tell you where it's available.

Thanks guys.

I don't think clothes are a major issue. Stuff like quality pushchairs, good car seats, baby carriers, soft towels, microwave sterilizers and tablets, bottles and teats (non toxic) etc. I don't know if they are readily available and as I'm going back for a few days I could pick some things up next week.

Just not sure really as looking around Pattaya there really isn't much of a selection. Most people here come on holiday with what they need and let's face it, the majority of Thais without westerners will not pay the prices that these things are likely to cost.

Torrenova,

You'd be surprised how many expats live in and around PTY and how many have young/newborn babies.

Good quality stuff is availabel, brand markets no probs, if you got the cash, it's there. Pushchairs, no problem at all, we bought two at Central Chidlom (BKK), car seats ditto and one was bought in Central Phuket, towels no probs, what's a microwave sterilizer?, bottles and teats, no worries.

Central dept stores have very good baby depts.

Your gf is Thai? Let her do some shopping, she'll know where to find stuff. You'll also receive loads of stuff from friends and family (uh, that is if you have friends :grinyes: )

My advice is not too worry too much, IMHO everything is available and there's no need to 'import' stuff.

Archived