Baby stuff you can and more importantly can't find in LOS

torrenova

Cheers Limbo but I very rarely get to Bangkok and to Phuket even more rarely. I know I "can" go but I have a trip to the UK sprung upon me (I leave in 36 hours) so I was rushing around to see what is here and I'll be honest, there is crap in Mike's Mall although some OK stuff for small children and there is nothing online that I can see.

The Thai family are not rich and it would be an embarassment to have them buy something that I wouldn't put the baby in for safety reasons. Chopped off fingers or baby dropping out due to crap workmanship and product is not "mai pen rai" in my life.

Also, if something costs say GBP100 but costs Bt20,000 here it makes sense to buy it in the UK.

I doubt I'll get innovative things here and how can you trust the toxicity of some things ?

As for the microwave sterilizer it is something you put in the microwave to sterilize the baby's bottles and things. The bottles themselves have to be able to withstand the high temperatures.

I will go to bangkok but unfortunately not before I leave.

Thanks for the above and any more comments most welcome.

Hi limbo,

Maybe that's the case....lol...

But it's been a long time now (pun intended) and things just keep getting better.....

Yeah, I know....the cynical, bitter & twisted "old time" Egg spurts will hang shit on me and tell me I'm getting scammed......Som nom na ME...Quite frankly I'm sick of listening to the same old crap responses...boring BUT there's always the "Ignore" button....now that I've learned how to use it!!!!...LOL

Slowly, slowly, I guess. Stage 1. is underway. Vocational training to enable a career change (at her instigation, I might add)

Stage 2. Mai roo!!! Let's just see what happens!!

meanwhile Dum Cnut will just keep reading up on informative threads like this one.....just in case it's needed somewhere down the track :grinyes::dunno::dunno::grinyes:

Torrenova,

If your departure for the UK is so imminent, than by all means, get a few things in the UK, makes sense.

Pricewise I found things reasonably enough priced here, although I don't have comparison, never had kids in Europe and don't know the prices there anyway. It's been too long I've been there. Some items here are definately in the good quality range and you do pay for it though.

Regarding the family, don't expect them to buy expense or safety things, that wouldn't cross their minds, think more like towels, baby powder, bottles etc.

BTW congratulations and how long is she already pregnant?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived