Q-Bar, Susie Pub, Angels Discos

Thanks for the advice everyone. I really wanted to step in to some semblance of a Pop, R&B, Hip Hop type of setting as I am from NY and grew up with those types of music. BTW I am African American. I can dance, am about 8-1/2 or 9 in the looks department (IMO) and have decent verbal skills. But guess what? Throw the verbal out of the window because I cannot speak any Thai. All I want to do is go and shake my ass in another country. I could care less what the women are doing in there as long as they are dancing. Now if there are "extras" available well then so be it. Otherwise I will go dance and take a trip to the go go bars when sanuking is in order. I am just a music lover and part of any vacation is checking out the local club scene. I wont kid myself and think anything is a freebie. Actually I am going for the sole purpose of paying for any services rendered. It is what it is.

Mykal

LOS in September!!!!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You will have a great time at Angels Disco - go about 12:30AM - 1AM so you can find room on the dance floor and Marine Disco in Pattaya is your best choice for our favorite beach town. You can dance your ass off and find beautiful and young Thai girls who will want to go home with you. Many of the Thai girls especially like dancing and in fact it is a great way to get to know them without having to talk. Do not be dismayed if some girls turn you down for dancing - it happens to everyone, just move on and try another. I also think some of the prettiest working girls in BKK can be found in Angel's Disco with no bar fine! Do try and learn to speak all the Thai you can before you go. The more you know the more fun you will have. You can get by no problem speaking no Thai at all, but your sanuk factor goes up the more Thai you speak. Advertise at your local Universtities for a tutor. That is a great way to learn the language and also some cultural information and you might just meet a Thai beauty in your own backyard! Just don't tell them you are going to be a sex tourist. Tell them you are going there to take care of "business". smile.gif" border="0

Sailor

quote:

Originally posted by vtombrown:

I disagree with OFAY ONE. It is difficult for a first time tourist to fly into LOS and get laid by a non-hooker. Without knowing OFAY ONE, and how cool he looks, I'd still bet (THB3.000) that he didn't get free pussy during his first two weeks (which is how long Mykal will probably be in town, at most). If OFAY ONE did get some "free" stuff within his first two weeks, I'm quite sure that there was a catch, and that he regretted it. Don't waste your precious time Mykal.

It's gonna be funny when OFAY ONE is gonna get the living daylights beaten out of him when he makes a pass at the girlfriend of some politician's son, LOL!

Do we get a threat then sounding like: Hospitalised by thugs in Q-bar - all these Thais are racist!

LOL!

Funny, I had a phone number within 15 min. at Qbar and I didn´t even want it. Chick thought I worked in BKK and said I was lying when I told her I wasn´t. Never called her. Anyway, Qbar got some game but very limited.

L

Okay, now I know your thing, Mykal (though,I don't know your age). You have a healthy attitude. Check out Lucifer's in Patpong, Spasso's* at the Grand Hyatt by Ratchadamri Station, Hollywood (etc.) by Ratchadapisek Rd., La Lunar(Taurus) on Sukhumvit Soi 26, and some of the Latin places like the one on Soi Eakamai (I can't remember the name at the moment--keep your eye out for my edited post, or, maybe another post will jump in and help me out--the place is owned by a Thai TV star, so it attracts many beautiful people). You may also just want to cruise Soi Thonglor (22?). Here is an accessible sleeper that you probably won't read about in your travel literature--"That's It" a club off of Silom, on Soi Saladaeng 1, which is pretty fun. If you run out of places to go, and can tolerate a taxi ride 2/3 the distance to the airport, go to Palm Springs on Thetsaban Sai Rd.

*:Spasso's is reasonably Black-friendly. Many places that don't cater to tourists kind of don't like Whites and discretely disdain Blacks.

Honestly, you will also have fun dancing at Q-Bar and Suzie Wong's, too. There also is a small old disco 50 meters down the soi from Angels (Nana Hotel). It used to draw a funky clientele.

Probably the closest thing to NY clubs are the underground rave clubs. There are a couple downtown, but most are in the Thonburi area. I've never been to them, but they sound reasonably hard core. You'll have to research these on your own. You've still got time, and apparently motivation, too. Good luck.

The foreign music in LOS is not too good. If you really get desperate for decent (not great) music, check out the Langsuan area by Lumpini Park, or maybe Saxaphone at Victory Monument. You may even want to check out some Thai country (electric guitar) music places. The good ones have Thai names and I can't tell you how to get to them.

If you are young, check out Royal City Avenue ("RCA"), which has thousands of Thai college students. But, this area tends to be a bit of a racist and xenophobic area. Speaking of race, you may find that, because Thais think that Blacks have big schlongs, BGs will often reach into your pants to research your size, especially in bold Pattaya. Black dudes get this all the time. White dudes like me just get tweakes, for arousal purposes. wink.gif" border="0

[ July 25, 2001: Message edited by: vtombrown ]

Well vtombrown thanks again for the info. I am 31. I want to do maybe a Friday or Saturday night for just a couple of hours. I can get into any kind of music if it means shaking my thing with women. I once got into country western at hogs and heifers in NYC because a female wanted me to dance. I looked like an idiot but I did not care. As far as the race thing goes I really do not want to go anywhere extremely local. I will probably go to Qbar and Angels and call it a night. I have to keep my mind on what I am in Thailand for. As far as what BG's do to black men, reach on in there my sweet little vixens! I won't be the one to stop you.

Mykal

LOS in September!!!!

Cool Mykal. If you have more than three days in BKK, spend at least a couple hours (in the evening) touring the Ratchadapisek strip. Some short timers don't make it over there, but I consider it to be an upscale, "must see." smile.gif" border="0

mykal..when r u gonna be there?..I'm R&B hip hop house and the rest...I'm comin in on Aug 3rd hanging out for a month...

vtomb..more posts like this is what I am looking for!..any more info is always appreciated!..

Anytime, Beastee.

You may also want to check out The Avenue club on Sukhumvit Soi 53. Lots of super hot, but stuck-up gorgeous babes dancing after dinner (when management moves the tables out of the way, to clear a dance floor). Best on Friday/Saturday nights.

You probably already know that a small group of nanaplaza.com guys gets together most Friday nights at 7:30pm or so, at Woodstock in the back right corner of NEP. Many of them speak Thai better than Thai high-schoolers. It is something else. smile.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by ling_phoom:

Funny, I had a phone number within 15 min. at Qbar and I didn´t even want it. Chick thought I worked in BKK and said I was lying when I told her I wasn´t. Never called her. Anyway, Qbar got some game but very limited.

L

Archived