US Embassy

Rex7777

They don't demand an ID request for your phone; they only request it...if you don't have one, they will gladly keep your phone. You just can't get it back w/o ID...

Nveer found this embassy to be stressful. Pretty-well organized even if not always up to US standards of efficiency....That must be the Thai element in the equation.

CB

Thanks everyone. I took a taxi to the embassy this morning form the Soi 33 area. The first two cab drivers didn't understand where I wanted to go, but I finally found one that did. Got to the embassy a bit before 7:30, checked my phone at the door, and took a number inside the US citizens services section. Five minutes later I was at the cashier paying my fee, and then back to the waiting room for a short wait. I was out the door in 10 minutes, mission accomplished. Now if I can just breeze through Thai Immigration so quickly....

What to do for the rest of the day in Bangkok?

Rex

accurate: 'generally, buddha is the biggest jackass on this board'

I am usually totally unprepared for any type of official visit, arrive late, try to budge the queue, make noises and show more than enough 'WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!' body language and then got to my cellphone to scroll around my contacts as if I could call someone important. The payoff is that I get VIP treatment, hustled to the front, paperwork processed, dues paid, and a sincere 'thanks!'.

But the amount of energy to pull off one of these performances is really time consuming and stressful. Good thing I studied with Marlon Brando for all those years.

It would be safe to say that generally, buddha is the biggest jackass in and around the united states embassey.

Archived