Cooler Summer Climate close to Bangkok

FreeTime

Although at present I don't live in Thailand all year long, there may come a day when for whatever reason, that changes. If I were here in the spring or summer, and it got too uncomfortable, it would be nice to have access to a cooler location when needed. I'm interested in learning of some areas or towns with a milder climate, outside of, but close to Thailand. I recall reading about a mountain area in Malaysia, I think. How about further up the coast in Vietnam? A daytime temp of about 25 c or 80 F would be nice. Anywhere safe & cool in the Philippines?

Thanks,

Manado in northern Sulawesi for mountain scenery, beaches, spectacular diving, clean air, Xtian population, ect. Women from Manado have the reputation to be among the most beautiful in Indonesia.

Malang in east Java. Malang is IMO with Bandung the most enjoyable city in Indonesia. Also the surroundings are magic ... the savage beauty of East Java is really entrancing.

Bandung in west Java. A VERY livable big city (pop of 2 millions) with nice colonial neighborhoods, beautiful surroundings, good food and nightlife, and a nice climate. Women in Bandung are extremely flirtateous and extremely good-looking.

:cool:

Some good areas/cities posted, thanks everyone. The Indonesian cities sound interesting. A Google search for Bandung reveals the city is at an elevation of 768 m., about 2500 ft., which is excellent for cooler weather. It also has a collection of art deco architecture, an interest of mine. There was also a reference to the women being attractive, as Prosal noted, which is a bonus. If they are flirtateous as well, double bonus.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived