BEWARE !!! Apple iStore in Paragon

Mr Pickles

and was planning to buy it in that paragon apple shop,

I don't use Mac's but get a sense of either a smear campaign against this shop or we need to get both sides of the story. There was more of the same in this weeks Stick Mark II 6/5/2007 blog with what sounds an absolutely ludicrous unsubstantiated tale.

For the extra money you spend in Thailand buying Apple stuff, you could almost pay for a trip back to the USA. I'm in the mood to buy a new Macbook Pro, but I guess I'll wait a few months until I'm back in the USA for a few weeks.

Rex

There was an interesting unsubstantiated story on mangosauce too, including a follow-up. Not sure if it is the same one or not.

Sounded like a few people have had trouble with Apple in LOS, and the general consensus was to travel to HK or KL if you're spending big bucks on computer hardware.

Personally, my Powerbook G4 and now my MacBook have shat themself way too quick, and I'm not going down that path again...

• 3 weeks later...

I use the paragon mac shop all the time. For purchase and for service.

I find them to be quite professional and detail oriented. A much better atmosphere to make 'large' purchases than pantip.

The price of my macbook was identical at pantip, fortune city, and the apple shop in siam paragon and siam discovery.

> The price of my macbook was identical at pantip, fortune city, and the apple shop in siam paragon and siam discovery. <

I have an inkling they may actually be the same outfit, or at least most of them. I just liked the Paragon shop because their offer of Extras. ( no, not the same extras my trad thai massage place offers)

Back to the earlier question - I think the best Apple dealer is the one in the Fortune IT Mall, store 4R50 on the fourth floor near the escalators.

This guy is a real authorized dealer, and he has given me very good service on a number of occasions. If I were planning a major purchase of an Apple product, I would buy it from him, even if it cost a little more because of the level of after-service and support he can deliver.

Archived