BEWARE !!! Apple iStore in Paragon

Mr Pickles

Over the last three years have probably dropped close to 400,000 baht in Bangkok of Apple products. Went into the Paragon "reseller" yesterday and purchased the a cable that as it turns out, I didn't need in the first place. Long story short. After two hours of the run around, no refund, no store credit. The only thing I got after finally getting the owner on the phone was the threat of him calling security if I didn't get out of his store immediately.

"We must do investigation, I call you tomorrow"

"Owner can not talk on phone now, he in meeting"

"Customer must know what he want when he come into store, not our job to tell customer what he needs"

"We're not an Apple Store just a reseller, can not give credit or refund."

"Not my fault we sold you something you didn't need." Well if two of your associated told me that I needed it is it my fault?" "Nobody's fault."

I know this may sound petty but at least I wasn't the poor sap in the store yesterday who purchased a new MacBookPro that turned out to be a lemon and was basically told "Seven day exchange policy sir, today is day 8, Sorry Sir"

In my experience the best Apple reseller are the folks right below IT City in Fortune. Any other ideas as to which shop is the best?

The guy in Siam Discovery just opposite Asia Books on the top floor is great. Fluent in english and the first port of call for most international journalist based in BKK.(most use Macs) I have his card somewhere. I will post the proper address and number for you.

I had a printer which bust just before the warranty was due to expire. I took it to the shop where I purchased it and they tried to fob me off saying that the warranty would expire before they could ship it to the place to get it repaired. Didn't wash with me, just an example of how the little bastards will rob and cheat you at every turn taking no responsibility at all.

I once took a notebook with a shot screen back to the shop about a month after the warranty had expired.

They issued me a new sales slip with a later date, new little sticker on the back, and magically the notebook was back into warranty.

Couple days later I had a new screen on my laptop, free of charge. Now THATs Thai service at its very best. Loving it. :chili:

And no, it wasn't *$(*#&@! Apple and it most certainly wasn't Siam ParaKONG. (Heh, สยาม à¸?าราà¹?à¸Âà¸? , fitting. :cool: )

I went to buy a pair of shoes yesterday, found a pair I liked, tried them on and they were perfect. The lovely shop assistant told me to come back today as "weekend have 20% discount". I came back today ans saved 1,000 baht.

Sometimes Thai service sucks, but sometimes it is very, very good!

• 2 weeks later...

I would tend to agree in LOS you need to definalty understand that customer service as we expect just doesnt exist. For the most they have no concept of repeat business or customer satisfaction or word of mouth. Part of this may be due to the fact that the Thais themselves will alway opt for the cheapest price or will buy from friends or family rather than actualy be educated consumers.

I would venture to say that apple would like to hear about any problems regarding warrenty issues with their products, and resellers that don't comply. One thing that does amaze me is the way windoze users seem to have such hate toward mac's and mac users. Guys no need to get so pissed just because some of us prefer to have a computer that actualy works most of the time. Mac's are simply better machines for the majority of tasks that require reliabilty, creativity, and computing power. Granted there arent as many games available but I prefer gaming consoles for that sort of thing. I have 2 PC's and 2 Mac's so please dont think I am totaly biased. The simple fact is one of my PC's is pretty much dead because of virus's and the other is running about half speed and is only 6 months old. Again same problem, just cant keep it clean. And spending hours running scans and updates is a real waste of time. My mac's run 24/7 and have virtualy no down time. Anyone who actualy needs get stuff done without wasting hours just keeping a machine running, and doesnt have an IT dept on call is running a mac.

Dont be a hater, just learn the facts. But in LOS buyer beware no matter what you are buying.

>I know this may sound petty but at least I wasn't the poor sap in the store yesterday who purchased a new MacBookPro that turned out to be a lemon and was basically told "Seven day exchange policy sir, today is day 8, Sorry Sir" <

Sorry, I don't get this. New Macbook Pro, wouldn't that have a 1 yr warranty?

Why a lemon?

I am asking because I will be buying one (17" ) as soon as the new OS comes out, and was planning to buy it in that paragon apple shop, simply because the extras they offered to throw in.

But this time, I intend to buy an extended waranty, to have three years total. Wish i did that last time, would have saved me some.

And I agree with vegasdave, far fewer problems with mac then windows re slowdown because of viruses.

Hey, Mr P, I thought you went back home? BTW, your drybox works well, and will probably save me a few mouldy lenses.

Archived