Why do you go to gogos?

eyebee

I was one of those who also voted "for the Music" :grin:

Why? cos' I go to those gogo bars with Music I at least vaguely recognise. this means no techno etc.

The bars I like best are those with a bar counter top to lean against when drinking and oggling and talking BS with gals or farang. But then again I also voted for "getting pissed" :grin: so drinking comfort is more important to me than for others :) The old 3 Roses GoGo bar in Nana was perfect - plus they "always knew my name" even when I had forgotten and I could start on the Thai whiskey from Noon :(:shocked::crazy::crazy: (forget the new name - stopped going cos' it went for me too much hard sell and I have not drunk Thai whiskey from Noon for a longgggggg time :cool: )

Should also have had a button for "Making a twat of oneself" :cool::cool::cool: which for me is 95% of the purpose of GoGo bars (Thailand?! :shocked::) ) and covers most sins :smirk:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love go-go bars, but I feel kinda weird sitting in them alone, in which case I feel the need to pay for a few girls to sit with me.

It's great going to gogos alone! You get loads more attention (if you want it) and no distractions from the main points of being there - ogling and drinking and picking a girl.

I don't like going to bars with other people at all - it's much better alone. It's very distracting with another because part of your attention is on entertaining or listening to them. And then you need to fit in with their timetable and ideas of where to go and what they like, etc.

I'm glad that so many of my fellow patrons seem to be there to 'talk to their friends' or 'listen to music' ( :rolleyes: ) though. It makes it much more likely the girls I like won't be barfined. :D

I'm a visual person, I go to watch the women and actually find it a turn off if somebody tries to distract me by talking to me (unles SHE is very cute and preferably naked). Early in the evening I often feel a bit stupids going alone and watching naked women, but after a few drinks that feeling rapidly dissappears.

Why do I like it? FIIK, often ask myself the same question, probably hard wired.

Archived