Thai Fi Co Ltd messed up my computer?

kojis

Oh,

thought everyone installed IE7 by now.

Sorry. I' still convinced that they repaired your system with a non-valid key. Only I can't prove it from here.

Well, once you know I can show you to change the serial back to your legal one.

Btw, you never do security updates?

"Btw, you never do security updates?"

I've just tried doing some, windows can't be validated, most likely a dodgy version...

note to oneself: think twice before asking for computer assistance in Thailand...

You have a legal version of XP, so you have a sticker that shows the serial (5x5 digits).

I have a small tool that does help to change the serial on a running XP system. So you can change back from dodgy to legal.

Please send me a PT or email so I know where to send the tool.

"note to oneself: think twice before asking for computer assistance in Thailand... "

New note: think thrice!

To resume the situation -understood through Carlton, don't expect me to read that deep into computer...

Thai Fi Co came over to fix Wifi - which started to work before they came actually, but have they checked?

After they left, I must conceded to them Wifi was still working ! So it could have been worse... kindda :applause:

Yet no more internet banking... and...it appears they replaced the legit XP home version on my laptop by a pirated XP pro... quite a stretch...

The second tech, besides enabling internet banking, just managed to hide the window warning about the pirated version... she never restaured an original version...tricky bugger...

'The second tech, besides enabling internet banking, just managed to hide the window warning about the pirated version... she never restaured an original version...tricky bugger...'

Quite easy to 'upgrade' from XP Home to XP Pro. Only way back is a recent image (backup) of the system when it was still XP Home, or a simple fresh install (or recovery to delivery status).

Not difficult to hide the WGA warning - until next windows update, when it comes back.

"Quite easy to 'upgrade' from XP Home to XP Pro. Only way back is a recent image (backup) of the system when it was still XP Home, or a simple fresh install (or recovery to delivery status)."

I actually tried to restaure the system to where it was a few days earlier and the computer told me settings han't changed in the meantime... wouldn't be surprised if I did something wrong though...

Anyway end of the (10)day(s) XP pro can't be worse than XP home and thanks a lot for your help!

Archived