Thai Fi Co Ltd messed up my computer?

kojis

Hotel called them in this morning because I couldn't get any wifi network in the room. Before I left wifi connection came back for some reason.

They still came when I was away and it seems touched my computer, leaving the following message:

"The wireless was disable (sic).Now it work(sic)"

Yeah it works... but I can't access anymore HSBC internet banking, impossible to get the pageto open, like for a dead link, "impossible d'afficher la page" in french. Than I follow the security settings adviced and it still doesn't work. whe "Which is quite a problem, than when I restart the computer... it says the windows version is not original ?!? It never said that before.

Yet when I try to restaure the system to a past date it says system can't be restaured as there was no change in the computer during that period?

Anybody knows what that can mean? :confused:

It looks like they have given you a fixed IP together with DNS, typical hotel network they cannot set up a PSK wireless connection so they have to configure the settings onto each machine individually.

Click on your Network Icon / Properties Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) / Properties then check obtain IP and obtain DNS Automatically. It probably wont work in your hotel but it will get your lappy back to normal.

When this works (as I know it does) you can thank me, if it fails YOU DID IT WRONG.

Joking mate, I wont go into details now but fixed DNS and Internet banking is a No No .

Yep. To be more precise, I think they did a repair and used a working but not legal key.

Just guessing: he installed XP SP2, activated automatic updates and now you're in deep shit.

Please check your Internet Explorer. I guess it's IE6. If you had IE7 before it proves my theory.

If I'm right all you need is a little prog that wil help you change the key back to your original key, and run windows update.

Btw, possibly after the repair the windows firewall is turned on and causes the problems with internet banking.

Mekong,

the DNS and ID are still chosen automatically (or so it loooked when I followed your instructions , which are in french on that computer).

I also removed the window firewall and HSBC internet banking still wouldn't work.

I've just checked other internet banking accounts BTW, one is working and the other one not, which security setting could that be?

The reception called Thai Fi back in this morning... glad I have some spare time to waste :(

Carlton

Thanks for the link. After followng it I'm still not quite sure wether the window used is genuine. I need to take the alternate validation method and it gives me a code like everything is fine. Only after I click on "continue" once again it brings me back to the original screen (your link)and still no "ActiveX dialogue box" appears,so it's like it brings me nowhere?!?

Kojis,

I think because Active-X is not enabled on your machine. That's why you have to resort to alternative validation. That genuine checker always returns a value, valid system or not. That value is checked online.

When you come back to the first page, does the button to click still say 'continue' or 'download'? 'Download' means your system is genuine.

I asked this before, you're using IE6 or IE7 right now?

Archived