War Profiteering

soiarrai

The video on war profiteering Republicans donâ??t want you to see

Progressive film director Robert Greenwald is scheduled to testify at a hearing on Thursday, May 10 about war profiteering. He requested to show a few minutes of one of his films, but Republicans blocked his request. Hereâ??s what Congress wonâ??t see:

http://iraqforsale.org/

The story of what happens to everyday Americans when corporations go to war.

Acclaimed director Robert Greenwald (Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Price, Outfoxed, and Uncovered) takes you inside the lives of soldiers, truck drivers, widows and children who have been changed forever as a result of profiteering in the reconstruction of Iraq. Iraq for Sale uncovers the connections between private corporations making a killing in Iraq and the decision makers who allow them to do so.

How is that different from other wars? Wars are great for business -- as long as you win, of course. But since WWII the major powers have realised it is best to fight a war far from home, so even if you lose you don't get wiped out.

Japan didn't win....or did they???

Flash is right. Profiteering is a symptom of EVERY war. Going back hundreds of years. Even in 'noble' wars such as WWII. There was profiteering in Germany as well as American companies as well. The war created a huge black market in the U.S. and ration cards was a currency of its own. Its unfortunate but it happens. That said, I hope they catch and severely punish anyone or any company that has been doing it.

>...I hope they catch and severely punish anyone or >any company that has been doing it.

Don'thold your breath...the scum CEOs and companies making $$$ off the dead soldiers are well connected and protected!

With the current VP of the USA leading the charge...IMO!

Nothing to knock...I vote with my feet and refuse to buy/support the scum!

Sooooooo many companies jump on to the easy/quick profits...and not only the USA companies...the German and French go racing in!!!

Who sells goodies to Iran, try Germany and France!

...and Russia and China and...

...all the "good" USA allies...yeah, NOT!!!

Flash is right. Profiteering is a symptom of EVERY war. Going back hundreds of years. Even in 'noble' wars such as WWII. There was profiteering in Germany as well as American companies as well...

Yeah, you bloody Yanks came over here to England and profiteered, screwing our women...

Hang on, you poor bastards... The inhumanity of war... :shocked:

Archived