Knitting Needle Sizes

candyfloss

In the U.K, knitting needle 'numbers' are the Standard Wire Gauge designation of the wire from which metal needles are made. The origin of the numbering system is uncertain but it is thought that they are based on the number of increasingly-fine dies that the wire has to be drawn through. Thinner needles thus have a larger number.

Metric size (mm) US size UK / Canadian size Japanese size

2.0 0 14

2.1 0

2.25 1 13

2.4 1

2.7 2

2.75 2 12

3.0 11 3

3.25 3 10

3.3 4

3.5 4

3.6 5

3.75 5 9

3.9 6

4.0 6 8

4.2 7

4.5 7 7 8

4.8 9

5.0 8 6

5.1 10

5.4 11

5.5 9 5

5.7 12

6.0 10 4 13

6.3 14

6.5 10 ½ 3

6.6 15

7.0 2 7 mm

7.5 1

8.0 11 0 8 mm

9.0 13 00 9 mm

10.0 15 000 10 mm

12.0 17

16.0 19

19.0 35

25.0 50

Interesting that the Japs have chosen to allocate the highest numerical values of all throughout their measuring system, when set aside those of other countries, thus giving even the thinnest smallest most insignificant knitting needle a nevertheless impressive and substantial-sounding numerical measurement.

Having lived in Japan for almost two decades, I have no doubt that this is entirely due to a manner of penis (size) envy: jap males are notoriously paranoid about their small tackle and exhibit all kinds of troublesome mental and behaviourally compensatory issues because of it. We Brits don't have to spin-doctor or talk up our cock size. Our cocks speak for themselves.

jack :help:

I worked in Tokyo for some time back in 1987 and stayed in Shibuya. I remember stumbling into some weird sex show somewhere in Roppongi I think. Basically there was a circular revolving stage on which a jap women sat naked surrounded by jap men whose chairs where at the edge of the stage.

All sorts of weird shit was going on, like she would sit open legged on the edge of the stage whilst it was revolving and they would all stick their fingers in her pussy.

The thing that made me laugh though is at the end about three of the jap men stripped off and got on the stage to fuck her, they had the sorriest looking cocktail sausage size dicks I have ever seen. So I know that the jap men have small dicks thing is not a myth. It is 100% true.

I also had a jap girlfriend who just couldn't get enough of my dick. She spoke only a little bit of English but she did say one morning whilst admiring my sword, "English boy big snake, Japanese boy little snake" :)

Flossie' date=' what are knitting needles doing in the Food forum?[/quote']

Maybe he knits his spaghetti or noodles into a nice shape before eating??

Can't wait to see what you guys' next "sensitive new age guy" topic will be!

Hey MooNoi, one minute you're calling us "sensitive new age guy's" and the next you're extolling the virtues of plastic chopping boards to us.

Me, Munchie, Flossie and Zob65 are planning a visit to BKK in October and we are thinking of mixing a bit of shopping, both real and window, with the usual mongering, drinking and shagging katoey's (Flossie only for that one). Do you want to join us?

Itinery most days will be:

11.00am, wake up and get a massage and a BJ from the in hotel massage girls

12.15am, meet in Dubliners for about 6 pints of guiness and sausage and mash

3.00pm, mongering and drinking around WS

6.00pm, one hour at the homeware section in the Emporium

7.30pm until oblivion, Soi Cowboy and the Pong

Obviously, we will change the shopping venue each day but you will need to tell us in advance so we can get your choice down in our itinery, Flossie has elected to visit the lingerie department in the Discovery Centre whilst Zob wants to check out whether they have a High and Mighty leather biker gear shop in BKK.

Zob says we can transport any purchases in his sidecar but will not guarantee they will still be there at the end of the night. :beer:

Hey MooNoi, one minute you're calling us "sensitive new age guy's" and the next you're extolling the virtues of plastic chopping boards to us.

Well yeah, you've got me on that one. Maybe there's a sensitive new age guy deep down in the little pig after all! It must just take you guys to bring in out in me! :)

Me, Munchie, Flossie and Zob65 are planning a visit to BKK in October and we are thinking of mixing a bit of shopping, both real and window, with the usual mongering, drinking and shagging katoey's (Flossie only for that one). Do you want to join us?

Itinery most days will be:

11.00am, wake up and get a massage and a BJ from the in hotel massage girls

12.15am, meet in Dubliners for about 6 pints of guiness and sausage and mash

3.00pm, mongering and drinking around WS

6.00pm, one hour at the homeware section in the Emporium

7.30pm until oblivion, Soi Cowboy and the Pong

Obviously, we will change the shopping venue each day but you will need to tell us in advance so we can get your choice down in our itinery, Flossie has elected to visit the lingerie department in the Discovery Centre whilst Zob wants to check out whether they have a High and Mighty leather biker gear shop in BKK.

Cool! Thanks for the offer! But do you think one hour in the homeware section is enough each day?

Maybe we can organise a tour of the kitchens at The Dubliner and check out what pots and pans and cutting boards they use there. Good nosh at that pub, and they wouldn't use half-measures in there kitchen tools! :thumbup:

Zob says we can transport any purchases in his sidecar but will not guarantee they will still be there at the end of the night.

That's ok. As long as he tries, that's the main thing! :thumbup: Maybe we can hire a Thai security guard on a daily basis to watch over the purchases? Then again... "Thai Security" is an oxymoron isn't it?

But at the end of day, I'm a Pattaya piggy, so while you guys are in Soi Cowboy, The Pong et al, I will be down in Pattaya mongering with double the fun at half the price!! :D

Not sure about kitchen gear in Pats though... Royal Garden Plaza probably has some good gear. I'll drop you a line if I find anything!!

Maybe you boys should consider a change of location...hmmmm? :thumbup: :hmmm:

After all... less money spent on mongering and drinking means more gear for the kitchen!! :) :thumbup: :thumbup:

Bring flip-flops, singlets and hanky hats - compulsory uniform for Brits in Pats too! I'll bring my hat with the corks.

Archived