I look like ( insert famous person name )

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never thought of it and Never ever in Europe, South-Africa or Thailand anybody said anything, but last year in San Francisco, standing outside the W-hotel smoking 3 times (!) in 2 days some American broad came to me and asked if I was David Letterman? Is this the standard way of bayarea people to piss of foreigners??

I sat next to a very intoxicated gal on a plane one time, and in the midst of her discourse on everything under the sun, she suddenly looked over at me and said, "You know, you look a lot like that director guy--what's his name? Oh yeah! Rob Reiner."

Horrors!

But, sadly, she was kinda right: balding, bearded, and tubby. That's me.

Damn drunks...

A lot of people say I look like Nicholas Cage. I don't know whether that is a good thing or not. I personally don't see the resemblance.

Great topic. When I arrive I can just look inside a bar and look for the celebrity look-a-likes.

SM

One for the Ozzztraaaliaans.

In LOS about 18 months ago I was sitting in the guesthouse food joint in Chang Mai I was staying at. I was well pissed , make no mistake . I was with the BG I had been travelling with for 6 weeks or so .

I look over & f&&k me dead but if that is'nt the famous Ozzziiiiee cricketer Mark Waugh sitting nursing a Chang with girl.Naturally I freaked.

"Yo!! Mark why are you staying in such a shit joint?" I yell.

Unfortunately it was in fact NOT Mark Waugh , suprise hey? But this guy was his twin brother ( no not Steve ) , he looked exactly the same . I questioned the guy for about 3 hours about this anomoly , he said he was allways getting people coming up to him , getting upgrades on planes , the whole bit, including drinks!.

I tried at length to explain to the bar girl who this Mark Waugh guy was . She just did'nt understand, I demonstrated cricket & slip catching but it was no good , I got help from others to explain , but no dice , the girl just could not fathom the game , "5 days! Big Problem!!"

Anyway that was the start of the end for us . shocked.gif" border="0

I was at a basically dull academic conference in States last month.

At one of the evening receptions, I saw a Korean acquaintance and went over to say hello. He was with a couple of cute young Korean grad student babes who whispered something to each other and giggled. I asked my friend what was going on and he told me they thought I looked just like Bruce Willis!!

Definitely did something for my fat, bald ego and I'm still living off the confidence boost of that "complement" weeks later!

Hey Bald Eagle -- where are you from in the Middle East? I've lived in Cairo for last four years.

I've had Tom Cruise a lot BUT think that is only cos' I smile a lot and many people prefer to carry out their days looking miserable as sin whether they are happy or otherwise........sorry, just had a run in with a sour faced so and so.

I would take it as a compliment, the thai girls love willie mackintosh,both handsome a rich.I can,t remember much about the Mackintosh family roots,but ask any thai girl and she will no doubt know.

I have been told i look like the footballer Dennis Wise which again i,m not sure whether to take as a compliment ot not.My twin brother gets told exactly the same.

Archived