MacBook Help

Orangutan

Any suggestions to the following problem will be appreciated. Hereâ??s what happened.

I was doing my usual nightly backup to my two USB flash drives. After dragging over a couple of files and completing the first save I grabbed a file and dragged it to my second USB drive. At that point my MacBook completely froze, I could not perform a force quit of anything so I shut off the computer. I rebooted and everything came back as usual, with all the applications opening that I designate at startup.

The problem is that the colors are extremely overly saturated. The white is very hot, and Iâ??ve lost the outline of the pages on all my apps, Word, Quicken, Cal,. Many of the tool bar icons in applications are unreadable and washed out, as well as many of the fonts. The Day does not appear under the time when I click on it, it might be there but itâ??s not showing because of the problem. Photos are over saturated making them impossible to look at or edit. Itâ??s quite annoying and I nothing I do is working to fix it.

I have checked the controls in the Displays preferences, and zapped the PRAM. I reinstalled OSX from the original disks, and downloaded the OSX 10.4.9 update. Nothing has changed.

Looking for some serious advice.

Thanks - O :banghead:

• 2 weeks later...

Glad you solved the problem. But just wondering, I think that on some of the macbooks (pro possibly) isnt there an ambient light sensor that automaticly adjusts the brightness of the screen. Maybe there was some preference for this and maybe it was turned off ect. Just a thought.

Archived