Compulsary Insurance Sticker

Mekong

As it stands currently car / motorcyle owners are required to display Compulsary Insurance Sticker and the 12 Month Road Fund Licence sticker in the windscreen.

Starting from August Compulsary Insurance will be a requirment to purchase Road Fund Licence and, as such, Insurance sticker will no longer be required to be displayed if Road Fund Licence is Valid until July 2551 or later.

Beware of the BiB's who may try and extort money from you for not displaying Insurance sticker after this date.

As soon as I get the official notification letter I will attach it in this thread. As some board members know, Mrs Mekong works in the Insurance business so I am sure of this information.

Slight correction to previous post. It actually became law as off 31st March, but typical Thai efficiency the insurance companies did not get told until last week.

I have a copy the offical notice from the Thai Bureau of Insurance, what is basically says is you need your original Insurance form to get your road fund licence and then keep a copy of your insurance in your vehicle.

Unfortunately it is 675 KB, attatchment limit here is 500 KB, if anyone wants a copy of the notice PM me with an email address and I will send it on to you.

Torrenova, this will probably apply to you in a few weeks when you get your White Plates.

Archived