Crackdown where to go then?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote:

Originally posted by mike65:

W.T.F !! 800 bath at Yodsak places!! Hell when we went to King Kong it was only 300 bath for a shortie. Seriously todays prices are just plain stoopid. Then you need a day budget like 3000 or even more, well thats waay to much for poor me so bye bye Thailand.

$70 for hotel, food, drinks, and some hottie action on the side too much? Still sounds like a deal to me.

Chris

[ August 31, 2001: Message edited by: liquidflux ]

quote:

Originally posted by liquidflux:

$70 for hotel, food, drinks, and some hottie action on the side too much? Still sounds like a deal to me.

Your thinking in $$$$ try thinking Thai prices and Baht. The current status of things is, I can go to cambodia and do 4 ST in a massage parlor for 400B. I can get girls in the street in BKK for 300B. They are starting to get stupid in their prices. Last night I sat talking to a girl (in Thai) I asked how much ST (she's new and I wanted to see what her expectations were.)She quoted 5000B, I carried on talking to her and for 5 mins she said 5000B, then she said she was joking, then 2000 then 1000. Not a hope in hell of me taking her, after she quotes 5000B. Whils talking to her I found out the following, She thinks she will retire from the business in 3 months with enough to set her up for life. Not a hope in hell, all she has going for her is big tits. My mate (who owns the bar) initially was going to refuse her a job until he saw the tits. His comment was with a face like that she has no chance, the tits give her a slight chance at it.

quote:

Originally posted by jingjoh:

Hmm, 100 baht per ST?? I thought the basic rate never changed much from 5 bucks in Cambodia?? Enlighten us please
smile.gif" border="0

AHHHHH teach me to reread before posting I meant to write approx 800B. I was all excited thinking of 4 girls for the price of 1 here. Your correct it is $5 in a massage parlor. If you know the papasan well though you can get it down to $4, Khmers pay $3. Or try Tuol Kok for$2 Khmers pay 5000riel just over $1

quote:

Originally posted by rictic:

Your thinking in $$$$ try thinking Thai prices and Baht. The current status of things is, I can go to cambodia and do 4 ST in a massage parlor for 400B. I can get girls in the street in BKK for 300B. They are starting to get stupid in their prices. Last night I sat talking to a girl (in Thai) I asked how much ST (she's new and I wanted to see what her expectations were.)She quoted 5000B, I carried on talking to her and for 5 mins she said 5000B, then she said she was joking, then 2000 then 1000. Not a hope in hell of me taking her, after she quotes 5000B. Whils talking to her I found out the following, She thinks she will retire from the business in 3 months with enough to set her up for life. Not a hope in hell, all she has going for her is big tits. My mate (who owns the bar) initially was going to refuse her a job until he saw the tits. His comment was with a face like that she has no chance, the tits give her a slight chance at it.

I was thinking in Thai baht. The post I quoted stated that a 3000 baht daily allowance was crazy. Doesnt that work out to about $70USD?

Chris

[ August 31, 2001: Message edited by: liquidflux ]

Agree with you there rictic! I used to get around on 1500 bath a day and then I had all sanuk in that and hotel and food too. So now if they BG asks for 1000 LT , i think it's way too expensive.They only give the money away anyhow :p

quote:

Mike65 : Agree with you there rictic! I used to get around on 1500 bath a day and then I had all sanuk in that and hotel and food too. So now if they BG asks for 1000 LT , i think it's way too expensive.They only give the money away anyhow
:p

Mike65

Let me get this right - you paid for your hotel , ate all your food, drank your beer/soft drinks and had a girl all for 1500 baht. If a girl asks for 1000 baht LT that is too expensive!!

Ok lets try and analyse this:

Hotel - considering the budget you described I am assuming that you are talking about the lower end hotels that you stay in, so lets say 500 baht a night. That leaves you with 1000 baht for your food/drink and girl for the night. Assuming you only eat at the food stalls on the street, then lets say you eat Khow Phat Gai twice in 24 hours that's another 70 baht at Sukhumvit prices. You are now left with 930 baht per day for your drinks and girl for the night.

Now in order to fit in with your budgets you must only go to one bar and pick up the girl straight away from that bar You cannot take a girl from a gogo because the 400 or 500 baht barfine depending which area your drinking in is too expensive. You cannot even take a beerbar girl because the 200 or 300 baht barfine would be too expensive. So that only leaves freelancers. You would have one beer or Coke or whatever because you musn't spend over 1500 baht so that's another 70 baht (that's a cheap price) leaving you with 860 baht for the girl for the night. You probably don't buy her a lady drink because likewise you don't want to overspend on your budget.

I haven't included taxis, miscellaneous expenses such as newspapers, cigarettes (if you smoke) tips, time at the internet cafe or whatever. Please don't say that you never have any other expenses because that simply would not be true.

So what you are basically saying is that at best you give the girl less than 800 - probably more likely to be 600 or 700 baht for LT.

Forget the issue of whether she is happy with that, are you happy with the sort of holiday you are having watching every satang you are spending.

I personally don't give a damn what people pay a girl whether it may be 500 baht or 5000 baht.

What I do object to is people trying to tell me or other people what I can pay and what I cannot pay. Pay the hell what you want. If I want to be a cheapcharlie with one girl then so be it. If I want to be like Rockafella with another girl then equally that's ok. I find it almost like people trying to get "oneupmanship" over others by saying I got it cheaper than you.

I am sorry but it is a fact of life that prices do rise. By saying the price always used to be this before doesn't cut any ice. Some things rise in price more quickly than others. Nobody is forced into coming to Thailand and those that do visit here are not forced to partake in the scene.

I won't even bother to comment on your "they only give the money away anyhow" statement it's simply not worth it.

Cheers

Farangman

[ August 31, 2001: Message edited by: farangman ]

Maybe someone should ask Mike65 when this was he used to get around on 1500 a day rather than posting a whole lot of what could be totally irrelevant tripe?? I aint defending his post, it was written without real thought, but he might be talking about 10 years ago, which makes the whole excercise pointless...

Archived