Crackdown where to go then?

4 years ago the rate at Thermae was 500B

the girls shouting out Ha roy as you walked out, to make sure no-one undercut that price. The girls in the disco's were 500B

Cowboy were 500B That was the accepted going rate for LT

Apartment3-4000 plus electric etc say 6000B

Food in Thai restaurant 25-30B per meal

100B per day

Girl 500B

Accom 200B

Food 100B

Transport 100B

leaving 600B

Beer was about 65B per bottle in the bars

a set of Sangtipand coke outside the gogo bars was 90B

so very doable.

Prices haven't gone up much except for the price of girls and booze in the bars.

Rent has actually gone down in many apartments since then. Just after the crisis hit the apartment block I was in reduced prices by 1000B pm

Quiet season meant the bars were still reasonably full but with people who were working here as teachers etc....

You'd pick up a girl 3 or so times a week.

30000B per month gave a fun lifestyle and you could afford to save as well.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rictic,

Whilst I realise they we come from different ends of the spectrum on this subject, I have to disagree with you on the price of Cowboy girls 4 years ago. Prices were never that low LT on Cowboy 4 years ago for the majority of girls there. Yes you may have been able to pick up the odd one but that was the rare exception rather than the rule. Anyway if you took a Cowboy girl you still had to pay the barfine so that would straight away nullify the argument of 1500 baht a day when you talk of gogo girls.

OK I will agree that maybe 4 years a Thermae girl could be had for 500 baht. Still can on occasions.

But the main issue of the point is you are talking 4 years ago. We are talking today. I don't begrudge anyone who can fulfill their evry desire for 800 baht LT or whatever. But please stop preaching that everyone must do the same.

Everyone should pay what they are comfortable paying as long as the girl agrees.

At the moment my gf's friend is living with us and she is still working in a bar. On Monday this week she came home in tears because some punter had agreed to pay her 1500 baht LT and then the following morning refused to pay her a baht. She couldn't understand why some farangs are like that after agreeing a price with her beforhand.

All the talk of you should not encourage people to overpay only vindicates the sort of lowlife I have described above as they treat the girls as some sort of worthless sperm receptible.

I happen to like bargirls and whilst I don't throw rediculous sums about I refuse to be restricted to some sort of unwritten price list that quite frankly doesn't exist anymore.

Cheers

Farangman

As an academic outsider it doesn't matter to me if someone pays a woman a million baht for a hand job in a back alley. But from what little I know of bargirls and the Thai character, which may not be much, it seems that the more stupidly you throw money around the more contempt you will be viewed with by the very women you're giving that money to. If you act like a broken ATM spewing out money for nothing then that is how you will be treated. Hell. If some Japanese tourist offered me ten pound for a coca cola and I might take his money but I'd frankly think he was a total pratt. If a million Japanes tourists did the same I'd tend to expect that of every Japanese person I met. Of course I'd have reitred by then so it wouldn't matter.

$70 for hotel, food, drinks, and some hottie action on the side too much? Still sounds like a deal to me.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I was thinking in Thai baht. The post I quoted stated that a 3000 baht daily allowance was crazy. Doesnt that work out to about $70USD?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If the exchange rate hadn't changed from 25 it would be $120. If the baht had gone up to 20 against the $ it would be $150. 3000B is a months wages to a lot of people in Thailand.

it is 3 days or more wages to an English teacher working here. You converted the price to $$$ at the current exchange rate and said it was reasonable. It's Baht not dollars that is the spending money here.

The girls quoting ridiculous prices goes back to the Bahts depreciation.

The going rate for all night used to be 500B

$20 at the old exchange rate. Then the baht plumetted, it hit almost 60 to the $, tourist still paid $20 but it was over 1000B, that more than doubled the price of the girls almost overnight. That's why a lot of girls now ask for 1500B. If the Baht recovers, unlikely, the price will then be $40-60. All because Tourist saying oh It's only $20.

It's the same with some of the Hotels, street stalls selling goods to tourists, they tried it on price wise and got away with it because it was only $5.

Playstation games in Thai chinatown are only 12-15B, in sukhumvit 100B+, just over $2 instead of 30c.

Looks like the place where all of us late-drinkers should be is Samui.....Bars and Discos are selling until 2:30AM or so (last week) and there are 2-3 places that are opened all night. notably "The Club", on the main Chaweng strip, accross the road from the Kratoy cabaret. Malibu (on the beach in Chaweng) is also open very late.....

From Todays BKK Post

Juthamas Siriwan, deputy governor of the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT), waved off operators' complaints.

``Tourism revenue won't be affected because tourists normally don't stay out late,'' he claimed. ``It's Thai kids who will be affected.''

BKKPost

The above from The Deputy Governor TAT

Hasnt got a clue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by farangman:

[QB]Rictic,

Everyone should pay what they are comfortable paying as long as the girl agrees.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I would agree with you 100%. I allways get an agreement on Price and how long, Before going.

At the moment my gf's friend is living with us and she is still working in a bar. On Monday this week she came home in tears because some punter had agreed to pay her 1500 baht LT and then the following morning refused to pay her a baht. She couldn't understand why some farangs are like that after agreeing a price with her beforhand.

The guy was a shit for doing that. You should allways pay. I have met girls that have done similar in that they agree a price, length of time and what will be done, then as soon as you pay for the st room they try to change everything agreed to, if they do that I tell them to go NOW and they receive nothing. They've tried to change the playing field because you've allready made an investment in paying for the room.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

All the talk of you should not encourage people to overpay only vindicates the sort of lowlife I have described above as they treat the girls as some sort of worthless sperm receptible.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I don't see how Talking about overpaying encourages that behaviour????????

I allways tell people to pay

I happen to like bargirls and whilst I don't throw rediculous sums about I refuse to be restricted to some sort of unwritten price list that quite frankly doesn't exist

anymore.

I like the bargirls, I would even say there are quite a few I regard as friends. I would agree the unwritten rules of price are no more. The only items that have gone up in price is girls and Booze, Beer by 50% or in some bars almost double and girls.

by similar amounts.

This is Thailand, a country where you barter the price in a market place, bartering with the girls is no different. I don't slag anyoneoff for paying a price, that is their choice. If your happy with a price pay it.

I go to the Dubliner pub and quite happily pay 280 for a pint of imported Irish beer, thats the price. I wouldn't though pay 280B for a pint of Chang or Heineken. Girls are the same, if I think she is worth XXXB she gets it, if I think XX baht thats what I will agree with her.

Someone earlier in this thread reckoned you couldn't have fun and live for 1500B a few years ago, you could and still can. You don't have to barfine a girl to get laid. Kings lounge was a great pickup place, some nights I'd be on my way home with a cutie by midnight.

If I remember the BF in Cowboy was 300B so the figures I gave above would make it doable a bit less booze if you limited yourself to 1500B. If you averaged 1500B per day some days you pay more, some less.

One poster earlier said $70 was fair, well at the time 1500B was $60.

At the time of the currency blowout I was doing some import export and the number of places that tried to raise prices in line with the $ was astounding, no reason at all except Well the exchange rate is this or that now so now I charge this much. The places that did that never got my business again. They'd see me out buying, and at the time it'd be 50-100,000B of goods at a time and they'd say "Why you no buy from me now" Because you tried to screw me for no reason quoting the exchange rate. These other places didn't."

They still try to get me to buy from them but 4 years later they still don't receive 1B from me. Those that didn't try to price gouge still get my business and it's significantly more moneys worth now.

The girls pulled the same stunt and got away with it,with some people.

The girl I said about that wanted 5000B 2 days ago came over and sat with me, I bought her a drink and asked How much tonight 10,000B eh, she laughed and said No 500b is ok. Unbelievable eh. From 5000B to 500B in 24hours.

Below is part of a survey from the Nana Plaza web site. This info is for NEP. I hope it was OK to post a partial copy here. Join nanaplaza.com to get similar information for Soi Cowboy, Thermae, bars and similar areas in Pattaya.

This information has saved me money and a lot of agonizing over how much to pay.

NEP

Percent of people paying the amount indicated.

Short time -

500 Baht 26%

1,000 Baht 60%

1,500 Baht 9%

2,000 Baht 5%

2,000+ Baht 0%

Long Time

500 Baht 3%

1,000 Baht 18%

1,500 Baht 53%

2,000 Baht 22%

2,000+ Baht 4%

quote:

Originally posted by pattayaman:

Below is part of a survey from the Nana Plaza web site. This info is for NEP. I hope it was OK to post a partial copy here. Join nanaplaza.com to get similar information for Soi Cowboy, Thermae, bars and similar areas in Pattaya.

Good information Pattayaman. If Khun Sanuk objects to this post, tell him it's convinced me membership is worth the cost and time. He'll see a new member in the next hours.

Shotover

quote:

Originally posted by New Petchburi Pete:

From all of the field reports I receive, Vietnam will be the place to go in the not too distant future!

I agree, Vietnam and Langawi Island in Malaysia. Not easy to find but the nightlife scene are there. Closing time 3.a.m.

Archived