Bangkok New Airport To Hua Hin

Hamokhamok

Thanks very much Moo Noi for that information.

You have answered a number of questions I had in my mind re these trains.

I have travelled to Hua Hin by train before but not on these trains.

It looks as if I will get the 3:10pm train or if I see myself waiting for that train for a long time then perhaps I should consider getting a taxi to Victory Monument and getting the mini bus which I also travelled on from Hua Hin last time.

Hi you may not be too far off the mark.

There appears to be some problems with the mini bus from Victory Monument which I have only found out about now.

I copied a post on the Hua Hin site for your and others information. Just to put a date on this --- 7th. June 2007.

One of my customers has a business in Bangkok and makes regular trips there via the mini bus - she has become friends with one of the more sensible drivers and usually calls him to find out what time he is scheduled to be making the trip.

She was heading up to BKK on Monday but when she called the driver he told her they are no longer leaving from the usual place as three or four of the mini buses had been impounded by the MIB - his boss had taken his bus back to his home town to prevent it suffering the same fate. From what she could make out it was more than just the boys in brown out for some extra beer money, she was of the opinion that this was somehow political and related to current events countrywide.

Now the interesting part is that she was telling me the Hua Hin bus is no longer dropping off or picking up from Victory Monument - seems the BKK cops are in on this as well - doesn't appear to be a localised incident. She was saying they were told to wait at a gas station round the corner from Victory Monument, where they were told they would be picked up. When she and her friend were waiting at the gas station there were a couple of cops hanging around apparently, and two or three more inside the stations shop. She said she felt pretty uncomfortable with the whole arrangement and ended up finding alternative transport to get down the road.

Like I said, this is mostly third hand, but what she told seems to back up the OP's post. I can't even begin to hazard a guess at what's behind this move but it does appear that, for the time being anyway, the mini buses are no longer an option - which is pissing me right off.

I sincerely hope this is an isolated incident and not a taste of things to come. Anymore information about this would be very much appreciated.

Archived