Bangkok New Airport To Hua Hin

Hamokhamok

Anyone taken this trip recently or at least since the new airport opened.

I have looked at the airport web site but no mention of transport to Hua Hin.

I seem to be able to get a bus no. 551 to Victory Monument and from looking up on another web site I can get a mini bus to Hua Hin from there. Anyone taken this trip ???? Experiences please.

I've alos got the option of getting a taxi to Hua Lampoung Railway Station and getting a train - questin anyone taken a taxi from the new airport to Hua Lampoung ???? Time taken etc so that I can try and plan which train to catch..

I'm supposed to land at 11:45 am.

It depends I suppose how fast I can get out of the airport etc.

It has been suggested to me to get a taxi all the way to Hua Hin at a cost of 2400 baht. Not sure about that at that price but is a good option after a long flight.

Anyway any information would be appreciated.

Or, get a bus from the Southern Bus Station (Sai Tai Mai)on the Thonburi side of the river. About 120 baht and 2.5 hours or so. They depart every 20 minutes or there abouts.

Aircon and easy.

Fidel said the train takes about 5 hours, which it does for most trains, but there is a "sprinter" train that leaves BKK station in the morning about 8.00 am and takes 3 hours to Hua Hin. (It continues on to Surat Thani). Air con, aircraft style seats, an aircraft style meal is served and quite comfy for a short trip.

[color:green]Thanks for that. Yes I suppose when you add it all up there is probably very little difference.[/color]

[color:blue]I wonder what is the normal time for a taxi to get to Hus Lampoung Railway Station from the new airport.[/color]

I wonder what is the normal time for a taxi to get to Hus Lampoung Railway Station from the new airport.

If you take the expressway and get off at Rama IV, (cab driver will know the way) it would be about 35-45 minutes if the traffic's good, to get to Hualamphong station.

Remember also that Hualamphong is on the subway line, so if you're staying anywhere on the subway you can catch that to the station. (Not great going through the turnstyle with luggage however).

Hi Palatkik,

You're right, I guess. But it really depends what time his flight gets in, i.e. how close to a departue time for the Hua Hin flight.

I personally would fly every time if I had the money to burn. You land in Bangkok, pick up your bag and then head for the Hua Hin Departure gate. Wait there for a while. Then off you go. When you arrive in Hua Hin, there'll be a maximum of 10 people in the airport, and a taxi as far as town should cost about 100-200 baht.

Also, this is really worth doing if you prefer to stay in Hua Hin the night before you fly from Bangkok. If you travel by road, you have to leave Hua Hin at least 5 hours before take-off.

Thanks for that Fidel.

I land at 11:45 am. There is a train to Hua Hin at 1 pm and again at 2:45 pm and 3:10 pm.

I expect that I won't get the 1pm but might just get the next one.

I might try the air trip to Hua Hin. I'll see how I feel when I get to Bangkok. Could try I suppose and if I can't get a flight then get the train or the mini bus from Victory Monument.

I land at 11:45 am. There is a train to Hua Hin at 1 pm and again at 2:45 pm and 3:10 pm.

I expect that I won't get the 1pm but might just get the next one.

These three trains are sleeper trains that go to the "deep south" - way past Hua Hin.

The 1.00pm goes on to Sungai Kolok on the Thai/Malaysia border, but if you land at 11.45am you can well-and-truly forget this one!

The 2.45pm is the "International Express" which goes on to Butterworth (Penang). This is a sleeper-only train and has no seats. Therefore it doesn't take passengers to Hua Hin.

The 3.10pm is your best bet. (This also goes onto Sungai Kolok) and has seats available.

It has second class and third class seats. Try and get second class seats - they're reserved. The problem is, they sell out well in advance, so there might not be any available when you get to Hualamphong train station. This will mean you have to buy a third-class unreserved seat which means you can only get a seat if one is available when you get on. It's first-in, best-dressed. Otherwise you may have to stand all the way! Third class on the Thai trains is crappy!

This happened to me once going to Hua Hin. Only third class available, and by the time I got on the train the seats were all taken.

Rather than standing up all the way, I went up to the dining/restaurant car. (All these trains have them). I sat down, had a meal (the food is not bad actually) and a few beers as I watched the countryside drift by heading down to Hua Hin. Quite pleasant.

Hope this helps.

Archived