Now Thermae's done Early, How's Bangkok Changed?

Savittre

quote:

Originally posted by fatbastard33:

Was in the Thermae last week and it now opens (from 1 September) at 6 pm (yes 6pm!!!!) but still closes at 2 am.

Has anybody been there between 6 and 10? Is it trying to take on Soi 7 Beergarden.

Fatbastard33

You know I was in Thermae Friday and Saturday night and saw their sign about opening 6PM and I couldn't believe it. I cannot imagine what that place might be like early.

I do know many BG7 girls that head to Thermae around 10 or 11, but 6PM. That group used to head to Nana Disco first before Thermae, but with the early closings they generally now head to one or the other.

Like you, I would really like to see what kind of crowd frequents Thermae in the early evening.

"Actually, it's the early close of Thermae and the growth of the sidewalk.

I never thought of this before but I wonder how the Thais feel about the situation on the sidewalk."

I made the point that I thought this was likely to happen when the crackdown first materialised, and reckoned it was a sight that nobody wanted to see.

Iam in town for a couple of days this week, and look forward to investigating the scene for myself.

Thanks for all these interesting replies!

I totally agree with pattayaman, it was 3 am, it's now 1 am, that's 2 more hours of sanuk, fine!!!

I am quite surprised to find out how the sidewalk scene has mushroomed!! I would have expected the girls to go to other 'recognized' freelancer places instead- and I'm wondering how the powers that be view this new sidewalk scenery and what they'll decide to do about it.

My guess is they're not going to ignore it forever- I'd bet the girls will eventually have to hang out at the Biergarten, Nana Disco or wherever. But who really knows? Not me!! smile.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by Savittre:

I am quite surprised to find out how the sidewalk scene has mushroomed!! I would have expected the girls to go to other 'recognized' freelancer places instead- and I'm wondering how the powers that be view this new sidewalk scenery and what they'll decide to do about it.

My guess is they're not going to ignore it forever- I'd bet the girls will eventually have to hang out at the Biergarten, Nana Disco or wherever. But who really knows? Not me!!
smile.gif" border="0

I think my point was that many of the girls populating the sidewalks now would normally be in the disco or Thermae. However, now that those venues are closing early, they are forced to hang out on the sidewalk, lurking in the shadows, or at foodstalls. Try walking down Sukhumvit at 2AM these days without getting grabbed many times.

By the way, I see you are from Taiwan. I was there on business about a month ago. I met several very cute Japanese tourists who were also staying at the Grand Formosa Regent, and later, I met two very accomodating Taiwanese women separately in a couple of places on Nanking Road. And, I thought the scene was dead in Taipei!

Archived