Many expats moving to Cambo from Pattaya?

eee

Seems like many expats are moving to Cambodia from Pattaya. Do you think Cambo is a good alternative to Pattaya? Do you know anyone who has made the MOVE? Many who made the move say that the immigration visas were the main reason for the move!! chok dii eee

All the expats I know in Pattaya (and Bangkok) are here on legitimate visa's, do not have a problem and would not consider moving.

It appears that you must associate with the lower end of society that Thailand wants to get rid of in the first place and seem to be succeeding with the latest immigration changes.

Actually never heard of one single doing that

a group of young english guys staying 9-12 months on visa runs - all have gone back to England and will next time get a tourist visa (I've met 3 of them in Liverpool)

some guys with thai GFs and not enough money have moved to Malaysia

still there's a big group of expats without visas staying in Pattaya, the situation for them is unchanged so they go on living in Pattaya until they die

Please reread my OP. Did I say anything about knowing these people. This is what I've been reading in the posts. My goodness. Only asking a simple question but I guess you don't know how to read!!! wowowowow

Please reread my OP. Did I say anything about knowing these people. This is what I've been reading in the posts. My goodness. Only asking a simple question but I guess you don't know how to read!!! wowowowow

There is nothing wrong with my reading it is your writing that is at fault,

you typed

Many who made the move say that the immigration visas were the main reason for the move!!

Now if they have said it you must have heard it, to hear it you must be in their company and as such know them.

Alternativley if you had typed

"I have read on other posts / forums" , then your original posting would have been unambiguous, and I would not have assumed you knew these people.

As I said, don't blame others for the lack of your literacy skills.

Spoke to a couple of bar owners in Sihanoukville. One mentioned he'd had it with Thailand after 14 years or so in Phuket. Complained of increased anti-farang bar owner harrassment by the cops. I think he's still trying to offload the bar in Phuket. And of course there's the famous Brian from Fishermen's Den who used to run a joint in Pattaya. I don't know reason for his move but as he's still in the bar business I could imagine it was for business reasons similar to the guy who spewed to me.

Archived