Dance Contest VII Questions

Hi Guys,

Got a two part question here.

1. I arrive BKK late this Saturday night. I hear Sunday night there is a nanapong boys "dance contest" in "playskool" in NEP at 8:00p.m. What time should we get there to insure good seats? And what part of the bar might get us the best vantage point?

2. Second (well..3rd) question concerns black men. The friend (a newbie to BKK) I'm coming with is part black, Scottish, and American indian. Has green eyes, but generaly looks like a light skinned black guy (I'm typical white boy). I'm concerned, from what I've generally read, that Thai B/G's shy away from Arabs and Black men because they have generally had bad experiences with these 2 groups (i.e. not being treated well). I'm wondering if he will encounter any discrimination...or better put...any reluctance on the part of B/G's to engage with him. This guy is a true "gentle giant". Stands 6'2'', and is one of the nicest, most caring guys I know (an employee of mine). I would be very disappointed to get him all excited about what BKK has to offer, only for him to receive distastfull looks from the B/G's in general. I'm thinking that his great personality, and 24/7 smile will prevail, but would like to hear a honest assesment from anyone who truly knows the situation there concerning this issue. I would hope to think that as genuinely kind hearted as the Thai people are (no..I don't want to start a thread here about how hard core B/G's are), that it will be his attitude, and not color, that will determine their opinion of him. Thanks in advance for your help, and hope to see you all at Playskool.

P.S. You already know what my friend looks like. I'll be the "hansum man" all the B/G's will be standing in line for. (yea...right!) cool.gif" border="0

OK here is the score for Sunday.

The Dance Contest will start at about 8pm to 8.30pm As Long Gun mentioned, Playskool isn't the biggest of bars so get there early.

I am not 100% sure, but I think the owners will operate a pay as you drink system on Sunday, ie no check bins. The reason for this is that with such a packed bar it is difficult to keep an eye on everything and make sure all the drinks are paid for.

We have got girls coming from 3 bars in Pattaya and 2 bars in Bangkok.This is the first time a Dance Contest will be held in Nana Plaza so it should be good.

All I would say to everyone if you are planning on going, get there early as I reckon the place is going to be packed!

Cheers

Farangman

quote:

Originally posted by SUPPOSE:

Well ?????

you guys spent long enough building the event up, hope you have an event report coming ???
smile.gif" border="0

I think we're all still a little tired (and emotional) to be honest. Absolutely magnificent evening though I missed all but 90 minutes of it. Quite enough for a man of my age though!

High Thaied - did you make it? Did you meet anyone??

LG

hehehe best time to type - we want real emotion, sweat and tears conveyed through words. The post-match interview is done straight after the match for the feeling, never the eloquence.

Actually, eloquence and footballer ??? hmmmm may not be such a good example. smile.gif" border="0

Archived