Pattaya in September or October

travelagain07

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This HOTEL has only just opened, so it should be great condition, price also includes free internet and IMO it's cheap @ 790 baht. email them for their 'guest policy' before booking, but it's not usually a problem in Pattaya. BTW it's always hot in Thailand, 5am it's still F***ing hot. In rainy season it buckets down most days, usually late afternoon/early evening but only for a hour or so, it's never bothered me much or got in the way of the fun.

Just ignore the stuck up gits that have to stay in 5 star hotels to compensate for their very low self esteem.

I have never stayed at the Honey hotel mentioned (which I suspect is Honey Lodge) but it is very close to the main drag and at the price quoted it should be well worth to check out.

Actually I don't know if it is really good all I know it is incredibly cheap and renovated and comes with home theater system and wifi internet and is only 650 per night. It is called The Haven at soi 13, nothing too special probably but I had food there once and it was actually delicious, the chef is brilliant. If the rooms are half as good as the chef it is gonna be a good deal. Location is ideal!

As Alholk (Hi!) and Christian above have said: You can get really, really good rooms in this price range. In fact it's easier than a big bag of easy things from the Planet Easy.

I often pop up to Pattaya at the last minute, or I get stuck there in a drinking session and there is no big secret (I'm being serious here, by the way). I always get a room, a good room, often with DVD and all the trimmings and always - always - for under 700 baht. And yes, that's in high season or low season or Christmas Day. Call me on it; the places are there.

Where places display 'Room to Let' signs (they may be travel agents or dry cleaners or antiquarian bookshops, it don't matter) just mosey on in and ask to see the room(s).

Often, because it may be a bit of a sideline, they are extra proud of their guest rooms and one or two I have been to have been way over the top on quality. Really.

Hey, last weekend my mate was up at Pattaya and stayed at 'Shagwell Mansions' (Google it!): He paid 750 baht. His verdict? Brilliant room for the price - fucking terrible advertisment on Pattaya City News.

You keep asking about the bloody weather! You must be British.

There are 3 seasons right? Hot. Hotter. Hottest. It's always hot. Even when it rains it's bloody hot. Down here on the Eastern Seaboard even the snow is hot.

Hot.

Bit 'o' rain.

Hot.

travelagain...

Be advised that September & October are the months with the heaviest rainfall. So if your new to Pattaya, this may be a consideration!

If location is paramount...for your adventure, then consider the Secrets Hotel. No 'joiner' fee.

Nice accommodations starting at 790-Bt...and it is located on Walking Street. But the hotel is popular so a reservation is needed.

http://www.secretspattaya.com/hotel/

I would _avoid_ staying at the Haven at all costs!! I know 4 people who have had their belonging (cash, CC's, pport) stolen from that place. They lost everything...and the management did nothing to help them! This occurred two years ago...and I've since heard of another occasion.

Beware of hotels that have you leave your key, when going out, in a box atop the front desk...where anyone with dubious intentions might take it. Never leave your key...even if the require it!

My experience has been that it's easier to find hotter girls during the peak season but this might just be my perception. I don't know if some girls only come to Pattaya for the peak season and go somewhere else during the rest of the year. Anyway there's still no shortage of them whatever time of year you visit. Maybe they make more of an effort to look nice during peak season because they know they'll get more customers.

Not my experience and I can proof this statistically wrong according to the employment in the bars but I would agree that there are way more freelancers during the high season.

High season and low season - we are making way too much fuzz about it, statistically it is the 2 weeks between Christmas and NYE where the figures are 25% higher than in low season, the rest of the so called high season the figures are 11% higher!

I'd like a nice Hotel...but not one that will charge me extra to bring a girl back. Something in the 500 B. range

Nice hotel' date=' something in the 500 Baht range. [img']http://www.invision.smileyville.net/smilies/lgh (20).gif[/img]

Easily done, try Inn Town holiday Soi 11 off second road, they are in the 550-600 baht for a pretty decent aircon room

Archived