Who sells grass seed in/around Bangkok?

rickfarang

I know this is a long shot, but I want some grass seed for a lawn and some Bermuda Grass seed for a field (some consider Bermuda Grass to be lawn see -I consider it a weed, but a good weed).

Does anybody know anywhere I could buy some lawn seed in Bangkok (or anywhere in Thailand for that matter)?

I'm in Udon Thani, but I will be going to Bangkok in few weeks.

Rice is a nice idea, but we have a poor water supply here :) Plant nurseries around Udon don't have lawn seed -they only sell sod, which is cheap enough, but now I want to re-seed a section of lawn, not dig out and lay a new one.

They say that if you can't find it at Chatuchak, it isn't for sale. I hadn't thought of Chatuchak, so I will endeavor to get there and look around. Thank you for suggesting it.

• 1 month later...

For those who might come upon this thread while looking for grass seed in Bangkok:

FreeTime's advice paid off. I found Bermuda Grass seed at Chatuchak market in section 1. The shop was the only shop in Section 1 that carries garden supplies and equipment. For the record, the cost was 680 baht per pound of hulled seed.

Thank you, FreeTime.

This is a good spot to remind those who enjoy gardening and landscaping or just large plants in general that Chatuchak has a huge market every WEDNESDAY with pretty amazing prices on all types of plants, shrubbery, trees, ect as well as pots, urns and all kinds of paraphernalia.

Is is not in the market itself but on the road that runs behind the market and Khampaing Phet Rd.

• 1 month later...

Buying grass seed is something you need to do yourself. I found out the hard way by sending 3 different people to JJ Market and nothing. Try explaining grass seed to a Thai even.

The shop is called Thongkham Shop, JJ Market Section 1. Open Wed-Sun.

Tel: 02-272-4655

They had two different types, the above mentioned hulled seed for 680 baht, and an unhulled variety of Bermuda Grass Seed for 380 baht.

(Now can someone explain the difference between hulled and unhulled grass seed)?

Now can someone explain the difference between hulled and unhulled grass seed

Hulled seeds are seeds that have had the hard outer covering removed, the hulls are sometimes better known as 'husks' If you are buying the seed to grow grass from, you need to buy the unhulled variety, since hulled seed, is, to the best of my knowledge, sterile.

Archived