Age of consent question (non-p4p)

bjon045

I always thought it was 15 or 16 for the age of consent in Thailand (not that it has any relevance to me), but this news article suggests otherwise:

http://www.pattayacitynews.net/news_16_06_50.htm

Of course, the Pattaya City news is hardly gospel but why would he be charged with "sexual relations with a minor" if the girl is over 16?!?

I am guessing that would make it 18? Which would kind of make sense given the Thai way of thinking in general that society is greater than the individual.

One thing I resently learned about, If an American goes out of this country, does something which is illegal in the host country, is not caught but when he gets back to the states, his home country can invoke charges against him for a crime he committed in a foreign country. If it is against the law here and was not in a foreign country, they can prosecute you. Can't get away with much any more!

Yes. What we discovered was that too many Americans (Meaning more than zero.) were going to places like Laos and Cambodia to have sex with children as it is easier to get away with there. This made enough people sick (Like everyone who thinks strait.) so they put up a new law that allows DA's to prosecute you for going to a foreign country for the soul purpose of breaking the law.

And though I think that law could be put to some bad use- an example would be getting busted for going to Canada to have a Cuban Cigar- I completely support nabbing these child predators.

And though I think that law could be put to some bad use- an example would be getting busted for going to Canada to have a Cuban Cigar- I completely support nabbing these child preditors.

huh?

So you posted a thread that you did not want replies to in a forum?

That just does not make sense. And my post is relative to the discussion. A hijack would be if someone started talking about the NY Yankies chances next season.

A general rule is if you do not want people to reply to your post, then don't post.

And, BTW, Thai law specifies that the age of consent for sex work is 18.

That just does not make sense. And my post is relative to the discussion.

A general rule is if you do not want people to reply to your post, then don't post.

And, BTW, Thai law specifies that the age of consent for sex work is 18.

You are talking about sex tourists/child predators and you mentioned the age of consent for sex work. Tell me, HOW IN THE WORLD is that related to what I asked about?!?!?!

What you are talking about is not allowed to be discussed in these forums and I will not be surprised if this thread is closed/deleted now.

>I always thought it was 15 or 16 for the age of consent in Thailand (not that it has any relevance to me), but this news article suggests otherwise:

Legally, its 15. BUT - (and its a big BUT), there is a caveat to the law, which forbids sexual contact with a prostitute under the age of 18. Part of that caveat deals with "obscenity for personal gratification" and *that* is commonly used to make the *practical* age 18 (even without any pay for play).

I suppose the "logic" here is that if its "reproductive sex" its 15 - if its for fun, its 18.

-j-

>You are talking about sex tourists/child predators and you mentioned the age of consent for sex work. Tell me, HOW IN THE WORLD is that related to what I asked about?!?!?!

Got your panties bunched a bit tight there. They *are* related, as I explained.

-j-

Archived