Age of consent question (non-p4p)

bjon045

Got your panties bunched a bit tight there. They *are* related, as I explained.

-j-

Well the bit about sex tourists/child predators is not related at all. I certainly did not want that to be discussed as it is a forbidden topic on these boards.

Yes. What we discovered was that too many Americans (Meaning more than zero.) were going to places like Laos and Cambodia to have sex with children as it is easier to get away with there. This made enough people sick (Like everyone who thinks strait.) so they put up a new law that allows DA's to prosecute you for going to a foreign country for the soul purpose of breaking the law.

And though I think that law could be put to some bad use- an example would be getting busted for going to Canada to have a Cuban Cigar- I completely support nabbing these child predators.

And though I think that law could be put to some bad use- an example would be getting busted for going to Canada to have a Cuban Cigar- I completely support nabbing these child preditors.

I think the U.S. law refered to pertains mostly/exclusively to traveling abroad "...for the express purpose of having sex with a minor..." not sure I have a problem with that...could I suppose be abused or misinterpreted...I don't think it at all deals with something like smoking a cuban cigar or even dope (if it is leagle) The main conflict coulod be if it is leagel in the host country and you did it, bu8t it was illeagel to go there and do it from a U;.S. standpoint, or if it was illeagel in the USA...but as I said, I think it is exclusively related to pedos...

Not sure whether this relates to this story or not, but..........

Last year I found out that the Missus was in fact 1 year younger than she had always told me :shocked::)

Let's say she was born on 31 Aug 1970. to Farang that would mean that on 31 Aug 2006 she was 36. Which is the same as for the Thais.................HOWEVER the difference is that on 1 Sep 2006 the Missus then says she is 37 (because she is now in her 37th year), whereas Farang would continue to say they were 36 until their next birthday on 31 Aug 2007. (and certainly all Farang women would!!!).

It could well be that the Gal in the story is legally 15 (and some months), just that as she is in her 16th year she says 16 (and the Thais understand this).

Now, it could well be that the Missus does this because she is cracked in the head :smirk:, so I will leave it to others to say whether this is a Bangkok thing, a Thai thing or just my Missus :shocked::D . (I did not ask her whether all Thais did the same as her, but I got the impression that she thought I was cracked in the head :smirk: ).

Might be worth bearing in mind when asking someone's age................

I think this is normal way for most asians, I've heard that in Japan you're 1 at your birth.

Actually we have the same situation - Jesus was born the year 1 (if he existed he must have been born not later than 4 BC) and the year before was 1 BC, no year 0. :)

There are even some cultures who count you as 1 on the day you are born, and then 2 on the date of the next new year - so, if you're born in December 2006 and the new year is February 2007, you're already "2" hardly two months after you're born...

Archived