Freelancer

Since it is in the general area of Nana Plaza the Angels Disco in the hotel aint bad. Freelancers there pretty strong from 12mid to 2am. In the lobby of the Nana Hotel from about 2am till-well I was solicited EVERY TIME I went to breakfast going and coming at 6am to 8am. They were there. One female was Arabic looking. Glad I did not partake given the current situation in NYC. Anyway the scene in the lobby of the Nana was strange but I liked it. Never partook from disco or lobby. My one freelancer experience will be included in my future trip reports.

Mykal

I always had good luck in The Nana lobby or disco. However, the last few were aware that I wasn't paying a bar fine, and thus I could give the money to them instead...Also, I recognized a few of them from the various bars, which I found odd as it was only 9pm or so. Maybe they got bar fined early and finished early and were now looking to make more money, or maybe working on their night off?

Hi Ganja,

I agree with the post about freelancers up and down Sukumvit. Beware though! Among them are many ladyboys, some of whom can at first fool you after many beers, and no matter how secure you think your money or wallet is they will get it! Late at night returning to my hotel I have had ladyboys attempt to rob me on several occassions, one time in a particularly aggressive manner. Be careful on the street. Many freelancers can be found at Beirgarten Soi 7 and outside of Ambassador at the beirgarter in the evening. Freelancers are every where and with the early closings many more are on the street. Keep you head about you and you will be fine. Have fun.

GanjaViet - if you're used to picking up freelancers in other parts of the world then the recommendations here are good. It's very easy and it's rare to have a bad experience. However, if you're fairly new to the sanuk game I would start out with some old reliable places (with young ladies) like those at NEP, Soi Cowboy, etc.

There is also fun to be had at massage places, BJ bars, Eden's and the like.

Have fun and let us know how you did!

Archived