How to be a Christian AND a Muslim

McBif

Parody becomes reality sooner than later in our wacky world.

Was it always thus?

"I am both Muslim and Christian"

By Janet I. Tu

Seattle Times religion reporter

Shortly after noon on Fridays, the Rev. Ann Holmes Redding ties on a black headscarf, preparing to pray with her Muslim group on First Hill.

On Sunday mornings, Redding puts on the white collar of an Episcopal priest.

She does both, she says, because she's Christian and Muslim.

Redding, who until recently was director of faith formation at St. Mark's Episcopal Cathedral, has been a priest for more than 20 years. Now she's ready to tell people that, for the last 15 months, she's also been a Muslim â?? drawn to the faith after an introduction to Islamic prayers left her profoundly moved.

Profoundly Moved

This women has shite for brains! Mainline Christianity (including her denomination) teaches that Jesus is the Son of God and part of the Holy Trinity.

Islam teaches Jesus is NOT the son of God and there is no Holy Trinity. Jesus was only a prophet, but Muhammad was a much greater one.

Christianity (and history) says that Jesus was crucified. Muhammad says Jesus was not -- maybe somebody else was, Judas possibly. Jesus just sort of "disappeared".

Islam also claims the Bible says that Jesus told his disciples, "There is one to come whose shoelaces I am not fit to tie" (i.e. Muhammad). But you can search the Bible backwards and forwards and never find such a statement. Muslims claim the Bible says there will be a final prophet (Mo), but once again the Bible does not.

The Koran gets Old Testament names and events wrong several times, but of course the Koran is right and the Jews screwed it up. Muhammad even told his followers not to associate with Christians. (That was after his victory over the Meccans. Before that, when he needed friends, it was okay.)

So how the hell does this lunatic manage to reconcile such totally conflicting beliefs? It is about the same as claiming to be a devout believer and an atheist. Her church needs to tell her to make up her mind.

Ah it seems you have forgotten an important detail, religion isn't based on logic or facts...just faith...and faith can be whatever anyone says it is. You can't win. Arguing logically with someone who has 'faith' is a total waste of time. They're all completely bonkers.

aaaah, what are the two conflicting things?

Believing Jesus died on the cross for our sins sounds like a winner, but nobody believes that. For example, if I believe in Jesus and get caught with the bank's money, will Jesus eliminate my sins so I don't go to jail? Sure.

Believing Jesus didn't die on a cross but instead enjoyed life with his true love, a prostitute sounds like the makings of a good movie.

Neither religion was there to see how he died so maybe what really happened was that he died, came back (reincarnation) and lived with his love, and later died? In recent life times he was houdini and now portrays himself as Ronald Mc'Donad.

Sounds like a working model to me?

Here it is:

"After Khadija's death, Muhammad married the six-years old Aisha, the daughter of his friend Abu Bakr (who would later emerge as the first leader of the Muslims after Muhammad's death)."

(Wikipedia)

But I've read that he decently waited until she was a few years older before he poked her!

He also was a believer in slavery and thought that a man had the right to shag his slaves all he wanted, which has me wondering why so many African-Americans are turning to Islam as a "black man's religion". Muhammad was no more black than I am.

Islam was originally spread mainly by military conquest. Believe it, if you know what's good for you.

(The Spanish sort of did that with Catholicism in South and Central America.)

People generally believe whatever they have been raised from infancy to believe and are much more likely to become non-religious than to change to another faith. But Islam certainly does seem to have more than its share of fanatics in this day and age.

QUICK REPLY

Anyone reminded of The Life Of PI?

That pretentious piece of junk that had the critics fawning a few years back. Well anyways, the central character, (named after a swimming pool in Paris apparently), decides to become both a Christian and a Muslim. Oh, and he started off Hindu.

Personally I'm a born again Atheist who believes that the prophet Athe could kick the shit out of any of the other false prophets and when he comes again boy is there gonna be a shit storm.

Archived