Latvian sex tourism

soiarrai

source

Latvians worried about sex tourism

Reuters | Wednesday, 20 June 2007

Latvia's capital risks becoming a Baltic Bangkok and local girls need to be steered away from one-night stands with tourists, organisers of a media campaign to stop sex tourism says.

Like other Eastern European capitals, Riga has become a popular destination for groups of men on stag nights, celebrated by a groom with his friends before getting married.

This has led to a boom for pubs, clubs and strip bars and concern over a growing sex industry.

"Riga is at risk of becoming a Baltic Bangkok and I'm starting to worry about the image of my country abroad," said Martins Kozlovskis, creative director of PR company Alfa Centrs, which is leading a Stop Sex Terrorism campaign.

The campaign is aimed at local girls, showing them the dangers of getting involved with tourists.

This would eventually lessen the image of Riga as a destination where cheap alcohol and girls are the main attraction for male tourists, the organisers say.

During the month-long campaign there will be shows on television and radio broadcasts aimed at starting a dialogue in society about sex tourism.

Yep

They are in a far worse state (morality point of view) than thailand which is quite normal too.

-> They should rather organize a campaign showing how the women (latvia, belaruss, russians and ukrainian as they constitute the bulk of the P4P girls) are treated by the men there -> I mean if they can not get decent jobs why would they stop selling their a*** for big $$$

(latvia is a well known sex destination for scandinavians, germans and other europeans.....)

Archived