Drinking BEER

Pat_from_Jersey

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OH,

Are you talking about a 'quart' size bottle of Sang Som or a 'pint' sized bottle here?

Pat,

Ah, I wish I was still in shape and young enough to take on the challenge. While on my now rare binges with SD, DC, and others I can keep up with the best of them, sadly I am no longer a contender in the heavyweight drinking bout division. At one time I could usually leave them lying in a stupor under the table, and finish the real drinking while they snored away. Too old now, and out of training by far. (Although I do still do exhibition bouts on ocassion. :) )

Although, to be fair, you really need to do a body weight/mass comparison. Big guys who are in training have an unfair advantage over the lighterweight divisions. As do Irishmen. :) (Being half Irish I can say that.) They have livers the size and consistency of a giant sponge!

And yes, be careful. Those 'large bottle' (Kuat yai) beer Changs pack a good punch.

Why not state your weapon/drink of choice and body mass index and fight within your weight division?

Gotta set the rules as well. No puking in the hong nam allowed? No use of steroids or yaa baa 36 hours previous to the bout. A contender having had a liver transplant in the past ten years is automatically disqualified. Empty stomach or full? Is there a time limit for the rounds? A ten count on knockdowns? (Fall asleep at the bar for more than ten minutes and you lose by TKO?) Etc. Let's keep this fair and professional. And, maybe you should find some sponsors and a round card beauty queen to spice up the contest/bout and a referee both sides agree upon beforehand? :D :thumbup:

Cent

Cent, i like yourself have found i have had to mellow a bit with age as regards heavy sessions. I now try and keep the boozing to sensible levels but i do remember the last time i got seriously out of it was about 3 or 4 years ago. I was living in an apartment in Suk soi 6 at the time and after a particularly lively and enjoyable late afternoon/early evening get together in Chequers tried to walk home. I made it about half way before having to call the wife and get her to come and help me (she found me leaning against and facing the wall) the rest of the way home! Was'nt feeling that brilliant the next day either :smirk:

Simie.

Archived