Where should I start looking? Long term apartments in Bangkok.

stanny

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A good option for a few months is Liberty Place on Sukhumvit 22. In the service apartment part, where it will run around 10,000 to 11,000 per month, the people I know who have stayed there have been happy with net speeds.

TV with cable is included but electricity is probably around five hundred baht a month on top.

They are very straight and have never screwed anyone I know on a deposit.

dddave, good advice, the 2 apartments i've had in the past in Bangkok i let the wife find both of them. My only stipulation was that they had too be within 6 or 7 minutes walk of a BTS station. As you said taxi fares soon mount up over a month and even motocy taxis (which i hate! and very rarely use) add up in the end. Another good point is that most studios don't have a proper kitchen, which can be a pain at times. And also remember that the electric bill can often be less in a 1 bedroom apartment than a studio as you can close the door and just use the AC in the bedroom at night rather than having to cool a whole studio apartment.

Simie.

Wonderlust, i would say not from my experience. I always thought the norm was 2 months deposit and 1 month rent in advance, which is what i did with my 1st Bangkok apartment. The 2nd one was only 1 month deposit and 1 month in advance as i recall?

Simie.

Archived