Where should I start looking? Long term apartments in Bangkok.

stanny

Hi all,

I am thinking of staying in Bangkok for 1-2 months. All I really need is a one bed room apartment in a not so happening - semi happening area with internet connection being a must as I need it for work. I am thinking of staying there starting early July. My budget is a maximum of $200-250 a month. Can I get a decent place with this? If yes, where should I start looking? It would be better if I had some places scheduled to be visited before I touchdown in Thailand instead of just going there and start looking. I tried searching over google but all I got was expensive high class service apartments and short term hotels. Any advice appreciated.

Thank you

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Rompo looks like a piece of crap pricewise and the quality of the room. I pay 5000 baht and my room looks nicer. Any place that targets farang will naturally be more expensive.

I recall a condo around lumpini area that is 11,000 baht and looks like a 3 star hotel in terms of the room. I think the name started with "Garden".

... They tried to rip me off when i left with a bogus electricity bill, so be aware.

You'll appreciate this, then:

I lived there for 6 months. They called me a few days after I moved out and said they made a mistake on my bill and somehow I owed another couple of thousand baht. They insisted that I go there to pay it, no, I couldn't mail it and no, they wouldn't send somebody with an itemized bill to my new place so that I could check it and give the courier the money. I was looking at my "Paid in Full" receipt while she kept insisting that I had to travel across town to that shithole.

Gawd, it was hard to stop laughing!

$200 ~ $250 per month is a little tight.

Rooms above some of the bars in Washington Square go for 6,000 Baht per month, plus electric.

With the USD so weak, that $250 * 34 = 8500 baht, if you can get 34 Baht for the USD.

Nice places down in the On Nut area, serviced apartments but 14,000 Baht per month (utilities included).

Archived