THAI: Thai dishes fail to fly

Mentors

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

samak ,

please in future avoid questioning any of my carefully researched statements :evil: , it makes me bad mood and causes stomach difficulties :thumbdown: .

All hot aircraft food is basically low quality because it has been frozen before and then put in a microwave ; this does not improve taste and the final result depends on the sensibility of the microwave operator . I repeat that food offered by Thai in F is very good under the circumstances , if you read forums like Flyertalk you will find negative comments about any airline under any aspect and about any food in any class . Obviously they are saving money by removing Caviar but how desperately do you need caviar ? About the wine selection I will do a careful analysis this coming week as soon as time allows :grinyes::wave: .

BuBi

BuBi,

I have been living on Singapore Airlies Raffles Class meals for about a week now. My estranged wife gives them to me in 'care packages'.

Most of the shit is catered in Tokyo, Taipei and Sillypore - unused from inbound flights. When I look in my refrigerator, I cannot read a label on anything in there. :D

It's not the best, but surely better than your average frozen meals.

First Class meals, as far as I know, are whipped up onboard, so my wife can't bring them to me. :cussing:

I have toured flight kitchens here in LA and also Denpasar and Seoul. It might not be the freshest food, but at least it is prepared for each longhaul flight, rather than a bunch of them, usually. Flight kitchens are really not so bad.

PS. I am eating garlic roasted peanuts from Indonesia as I type this. The brand name is 'Garuda' peanuts, but I got 'em from SQ. :dunno:

Archived