What an insult to a real hero!

Flashermac

But it is a scam organisation! Really, religion is strange often, but scientology is just barking...you have got to be nuts, have done way too many drugs or be on the payroll to say you believe in it!

Sometimes it's embarassing to be of the same species as these people...i guess evolution will eventually get around to removing them from the gene pool, but i sure wish it didn't take so long.

However, back to the point...it can be taken 2 ways...

1. It is a cult and a dangerously insane one to boot...so good on Germany for taking a stand against the nutters...

Or

2. Germany is being a tad nationalistic and seeking to avoid looking at its very shit history ala the recent Japanese machinations...which would worry me. There's enough denial of reality about as it is lately.

I hope it's the former.

Guest lazyphil

in your words (no cutting pasting or links) give me an over view of scientology. i have no idea about but am curious to the much critism it gets. thanks in advance.

Scientology is a "religion" invented by a sci-fi writer. In order to learn what it is about, one has to pay money. The more one wishes to learn, the higher the fee for "enlightenment".

Off hand, I can't thing of any other religion that charges people to belong. Some churches (e.g. LDS) expect you to tithe and most ask for donations. But paying to be learn what it's all about does seem a bit over the top.

p.s. Essentially, Scientology tells you an evil ruler eons ago decided there were too many people. So he sent millions of them to planet Earth on space ships that looked like DC-7s (I think, they were). He had them placed near volcanoes, then killed them with nukes. Their souls (thetans) kling to the living, effecting our lives. Scientology teaches you how to be "clear" of these thetans (if you pay for the knowledge.)

Archived