Shit!! ...It's the cops! ( insert story )

I wil start , stories about run in's with the law , in LOS mainly but anywhere is interesting , feel free to talk about "your mates" run in .

I was due to catch the bus up to chang mai with the GF of the moment . We were Huamlangfelchmetwicelikeamolusc station waiting for the train.

We had allready missed every train in the country so it was the bus for us , that was o.k as it gave me time to stock up on beer , pringles , beer , fireworks & go to the chemist.

Anyway we were getting a ride out to the bus station at a very certain time ( don't be late!!! ) , we had plenty of time so i was sitting with the BG on the main steps of the station with 100 others supping changs at a great rate , & eating some chips ,having a ciggy.I was just watching it all go by , especially the actions of the cop like guys doing something wit the bike taxis .

Time got away & suddenly we only have 15 mins to get to the bus station , off we go ....but wait up , one of the cops has grabbed the BG with a serious case of "thai,thai,thai,thai" . I was scarred to ask after the look on her face but I had to , she was looking at me in a bad way.

What problem??? Cop grabs me & sits me down , points at a bus ticket size bit of paper that says littering in LOS is worth B2000 , I freaked . No way , where is the sign saying so , it was only a ciggy butt , where is the bin?? I am no environmental vandal , but where the fuck is the bin mate !!!

I realised I was getting no where but further in the shit as these 3 cops just stared at me with open mouths while I quietly thought about sanuk money down the drain.

But wait no , they were really my mates , cos the 3 of them said they would do me a favour & give me a deal , only B300!! bargain , 3 of them B300 , no problem! I should have thought of this myself !

Paid up , got a nice souveneir police ticket for my trouble ..then had to do the mad dash to the bus , only just got there , wasd absolutely fucked from the mad driving & the stress of having to deal with the cops whilst para.

Share yours shocked.gif" border="0

That's the problem. Sometimes i have to carry rubbish around all day until I get back to the skytrain. These are very few bins around the place, though the local seven elevens have bins out the front.

Bullshit! I have never had to look more than a minute or two for somewhere decent to put my trash anywhere in Thailand. You threw a goddamn cigarette butt on the street and got busted for only 300 Baht. Litterbug!

It's true that there are some police scams regarding littering in Bangkok, and that is a disgrace, but you got busted fairly for committing a crime. Take responsibility for it! "Get over it!" "The Eagles'

Nepfan,

I am not complaining about getting caught at all . I am glad it happened as it made an interesting story , I freaked at the time due to my possibly missing a bus I had just paid about 5000B for the journey , some accomadation etc etc , for me & the BG.

As I said in the original post I am no environmental vandal , I just did something stupid on the spur of the moment . ( am I alone there? )

I simply thought this would be an interesting topic for the board , I find these stories fascinating & maybe they help newbies understand a bit more about LOS.

If every post is going to get some type of roasting then I guess this thread is'nt going to far . I think most people who have had run in's with the cops have had time to reflect on the error of thier ways , all that is left is a good tale . We should be able to enjoy those tales in this forum. smile.gif" border="0

I believe it was more of a flame at mushroom who said that there aren't convenient litterbins.

I find litterbins quite frequent. In fact there are different types of litterbins, but I never see anyone really pay attention and just throw in their trash into any litterbin.

Never had a run-in with the cops here and hope I never will have unless theyze bring'n da help!

<<burp>>

Had my 'littering' experience.

Did throw away a used cigarette in front of the WTC and a cop came to collect his "tea" money. My father was visiting me and he almost fainted laughing!

So i asked the cop if he could prove it. He said that he could and i invited him to go with me to lumpini police station to file a report, where i would file a complaint for herassment. I just heared the well known Thai phrase: Mai pen lai!

(he spoke quite good english, my thai is too poor to say this in Thai.)

Sorry if I seemed to be flaming anybody....But, I still say there was no excuse to throw away trash, cigarette butts, etc. I always figure out a way not to discard trash.

Just because the Thais are sloppy about these things doesn't make it OK for us Farangs to ignore polite behavior...

Any Farang who expects to be measured by the same standards as a Thai person is in for some surprises. Welcome to the back of the bus.

But, frankly, the back of the bus in Thailand beats the hell out of the front of the bus where I came from.

I have a thai friend whos' take on littering is that it makes work for ppl.

( this was in sakon Nakon) seems the gov/city?

pays ppl to clean up the streets, so my friend felt it was their "duty" to litter.

Had not thought of this for some time.

maybe they finally cleaned up Sakon Nakon.

Archived