Printing from a Pocket PC?

Palatkik

Two questions!

1. Recommendations for a print program for Pocket PC running Pocket PC 2003 or newer? I have Googled this but come up with nothing that works so far.

2. My gf needs a bluetooth (BT) compatible printer so she can print from a BT laptop or a BT enabled PDA. Can any printer with a USB port on it (eg for linking a camera) use that same USB port to add a BT dongle to make a BT printer link?

Cheers and thks for any help from anyone:-)

I'm sure, there's more than one way.

There are bluetooth adapters that make every USB printer accessible via bluetooth.

An adaptor like this.

It ain't cheap. Possibly more expensive than the printer...

When you have a HP printer with card-reader there's the option to buy a HP bluetooth card that fits into the CF-slot of the card reader.

And about just plugging a cheap (recently bought one for just 6 Euros) USB-bluetooth-dongle into the pictbridge port of the printer: you may try that but I'm sure it won't work.

There's also the option to get an adapter that makes every USB printer accessible via wlan. again, not cheap. Like this

Hi,

Thanks for feedback, I have checked this out a little further and it seems to me to have a BT wireless printer one doesn't need to buy any expensive add on's especially those that plug in the back USB port where the PC cable might go - if one has a printer with a Pictbridge type USB port on front as many do these days.

I have a Canon printer with the Pictbridge USB port on the front. The Canon manual and web site says this port can also be used as a BT connection if purchasing the optional (and rather pricey!) Canon BT dongle. I bought a generic BT dongle for a fraction of the price of 290B in Zeer and it works the same. I guess - though I haven't got another printer to test it on, that any printer works the same? I raised the question because I wasn't sure if all printers work like this or if the Pictbridge port needs something else to run the BT correctly. I am not sure about this, but my Canon seems to handle it ok.

As for PDA software the choices look fairly sparse. I came across PrintPocketCE last night but that is all so far and only supported thro 2003SE.

I guess BT printing is not that popular amongst most folks.

Cheers

Archived