Riga, the new Bangkok?

chuckwoww

This probably won't be news to Prosal...

Latvia to Fight â??Baltic Bangkokâ?? Image

Cheap flights and men on â??stag nightsâ? have threatened to turn Riga, Latvia into a destination most noted for pubs, clubs, strip bars and a growing sex industryâ??a â??Baltic Bangkok,â? if you will. Itâ??s easy shorthand and perhaps too simple of a way to characterize Rigaâ??or Bangkok, or any city for that matterâ??but some people in Latvia fear the name and image will stick. Hence, the current â??Stop Sex Terrorismâ? campaign, which, according to Reuters, aims to steer local women away from one-night stands and to educate them about the dangers of interacting with tourists.

"Riga is at risk of becoming a â??Baltic Bangkokâ?? and Iâ??m starting to worry about the image of my country abroad,â? said Martins Kozlovskis, creative director of PR company Alfa Centrs, which is leading the campaign.

The Baltic Times reports that several non-governmental organizations, local media and private companies are supporting the campaign.

http://www.worldhum.com/weblog/item/latvia_to_fight_baltic_bangkok_image_20070626/

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
which aims to steer local women away from one-night stands and to educate them about the dangers of interacting with tourists.

You're very late. Times have changed in EE, and especially in Riga, Tallinn and Vilnius (not even talking of Budapest and Prague). Even in Moldova, local girls are not naive and perfectly know since long why foreigners are there.

There are a few simple factors contributing to the notion that Baltic countries are drying up :

* The women aren't desperate anymore to leave their countries to escape economic doom. Economies in baltic countries have improved dramtically since the 90's. Sex-hungry foreign tourists aren't that interesting anymore as an escape option.

* Europe has opened up. The girls can go to the EU themselves, get exposed to it and raise their standard. They aren't just looking for "anyone", but rather "the One".

* Foreigners have a reputation as sex tourists. Girls in EE have figured out since long that foreigners only want to fuck them. Some girls still play the game, but are raising the stakes to get into their pants. This just means more work for foreigners looking for easy sex in EE... and more ��� spent on entertainment, presents, courtship.

* The quality of monger has waned. First and second wave mongers were more skilled than the third,fourth and fifth wave groups, who are now mostly under-financed tourists. The first and second waves were usually either businessmen or elite mongers. They simply had more game than the new bunch. Cheap flights to EE, particularly the Baltic states and Czech Republic, have enabled a lower caliber of monger to invade the playground.

* Lack of cultural knowledge/language. Girls who speak English or Italian (the primary communication languages of mongers in Baltic countries and EE) are generally better educated than those who don't. These "easy access" girls know their value and are most likely to play with foreigners once they figure out the game. More normal girls, often exceedingly beautiful and available, speak only their native tongue... 90% of mongers don't speak the local language and can't even communicate with the girls they want to fuck. Good luck.

* Top level girls want top level guys. This eliminates 90% of mongers. Yet the top 10% of mongers in terms of success (not necessarily incl.money), appearance, cultural awareness, self confidence, charm and game still have very easy pickings.

* Increased competition from the locals. Local EE guys, once characterized as poor, loutish, rude drunks are often now rich, loutish, rude drunks. That's good enough for many of the local hotties. Many average-incomed local guys have also improved their game and attractiveness dramatically... and they can offer added value since they won't leave the country after "never to be seen again after their 7-10 day sex holiday" like foreigners do. The girls know this and many choose to stick to the locals.

Many elite mongers now venture beyond the frontiers of EE, in Caucasius countries, Stans or siberian Russia.

Personnaly I still find Moldova and Romania fabulous hunting grounds. Yet I won't elaborate as you find my trip reports "repetitive".

:rolleyes:

which aims to steer local women away from one-night stands and to educate them about the dangers of interacting with tourists.

You're very late.

Not me pal. I did my sex tour of Eastern Europe 6 years ago before the lager louts found out about it. Been to Roumania twice actually...not for sex but because it's a very interesting place.

So you know that the link you posted is BS.

Riga is on its way to become a new Prague.

Just trying to stimulate a bit of discussion. You're probably right. Prague seems to set the standard for Eastern European decadence and it was ages since I was in Riga so I don't really know how accurate the article is.

See Prosal? wonderlust is right. Your posts are fine....maybe it's being constantly reminded of our non-elite monger status that gets repetitive? Some of us just don't have that je ne sais quoi.

You make a fair point. There are attractive women all over the world and if you're that "elite" you won't have a problem shagging them. That's not mongering it's what any man would do if he could. No need to go to basket-case East European countries for that. For the rest of us we just want to know where we can get the best whores and Prosal never gives any information about that.

Prosal never gives any information about that.

"Elite" is for me just another word for "pioneer".

True adventure beyond the confines of mass prostitution is really what turns my crank. That's why my reports maybe lack of infos about P4P (save "Sao Paulo" thread).

I often dont want to pay for sex for emotional reasons, but success with freebie can go hand in hand with pro sex. If the freebie game isnâ??t working, I sometimes go to a club and pay for sex to take the edge off and get my confidence back. It can help a lot.

And even though going home alone in "El Dorados" like Moldova or provincial Romania can feel like defeat, there is for me really no shame in not scoring freebies, because there is no guarantee, whatever the "elite" or "pioneer" monger you are.

:thumbup:

"Elite" is for me just another word for "pioneer".

Thanks for clearing that up. I had visions of some supercool dude in an Armani suit and Raybans walking through Bucharest or ChiÅ?inÄ?u flashing his credit card at the local talent. So really it's more a question of fearlessly going where no monger has gone before?

Archived