Home's For Sale Show

I went to Central Lat Proe for the 6th annual non performing asset home/house sale.

Very interesting as the pricing was very negotiable, and even more interesting was a number of small studios in the Ratchada area, not near anything, but moto distance to subway.

24sqm cost 225 000 baht, yep, 225, 00 baht, i'm not dropping a zero

Very surreal

literally thousands of places for sale, from bare land to condo's, houses etc. All over Thailand too, saw a great place so cheap, dam Chaing Mai!

Each Bank and morgatage broker has their own place for sale

Was in yesterdays Bangkok Post, also the banks had adds for them, as well as a lot of promo material outside Cetnral, but TIT, they never give you much notice of anything, I've missed so many great fairs, temple shows etc because non of it advertised in Post or "Farang" press

Interesting. I thought Thai banks flogged non-performing properties throughout the year? Did not know there was also a once a year blowout with lots of participants. Any idea if the annual sale is always held around this time, mid year? I wonder if that 225,000 Baht was just the 'non-performing' amount? If you learn anything else, keep us posted. Thanks.

p.s. I'm not in BKK at the moment. I'm wondering if you mean 'Central Ladpro'?

Spell it anyway, it's in Thai! Big shopping mall at top end of Ratchada, almost walking sweltering distance from Chatuchuk market, almost on the underground, but DONT get out at LadPro stop, get out at Phahoyothin, which is the main road at the NEXT underground stop (FARK did they name those stops wrong or what!)

I went to the one last year and was pretty impressed too, heaps of agencies represented there, heaps of property, and lots of foot traffic. I was particularly interested in this show because they sell alot of existing houses and land in established areas, not just off the shelf condos and new land/house packages in far-out areas like most places.

Archived