Good night Pattaya

Hardy641

Yesterday I tried to escape the crackdown hitten capital. I am bored of ugly, overaged mothers asking for rediculous prices (2000 ST and 3000+ LT) in NANA or Patpong. Adam Smiths for Thais: less demand leads to higher prices (TIT). I left for Pattaya with the hope the crackdown hasn't hit the seabath.

How I was wrong!!

Exactly at 2am , all places shut down, even Tonys and Marine; Marine2 didn't open at all. Marine and Tony were empty like never on a Friday evening. Probably because of the ban of customers below 21 years. But where are all the young girls? I can't believe that they just went home to their provinces. Anyone has an idea??

Does this brainless government really want to destroy Pattaya? If yes thats the right way to do. At least one success story for Thaksin!

There are thousands of angry tourists, sanukers and normal ones already. I don't want to know what will happen during high season. They all come for the nightlife and party atmosphere, surely not for the small and dirty beaches or polluted sea.

As a resident I am even more worried as my future depends on Thailands economy. And the data look very very gloomy. Especially with a corrupt and insame PM like Thaksin. If he tries to solve Thailand economical problems with the same effectless measurements as Purachai's fight against drug abuse and underaged prostitution (with early closing hours), then I must say not only good night Pattaya, but GOOD NIGHT THAILAND.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another post that seema all doom and gloom.

It`s probably right though,things will not get any better with this muppet PM in charge.

I`ve heard all about the urine tests that Pattaya taxi drivers ,and other Thai nationals have had to take.

Has anyone heard of any farrangs having their piss anylised?

Yabah and weed are`nt my drugs of choice,but who`s to say that if the boys in brown are encouraged to test random farrangs that look a bit pissed(and that means most of us on a Saturday night)that some of us might prove `positive` just so they can extract a few quid.

Just a thought.

I would be concerened as to how accurate the tests are. Knowing the way things work in thailand, the probably dip a test strip in the sample.

And what if you are taking a decongestant or allergy medicine with benydryl in it, I am under the understanding that shows up on drug tests.

I think it all will lead to some major hassells for us ( and also some excuse to extract more "fines")

quote:

Originally posted by Hardy641:

But where are all the young girls? I can't believe that they just went home to their provinces. Anyone has an idea??

As a resident I am even more worried as my future depends on Thailands economy. then I must say not only good night Pattaya, but GOOD NIGHT THAILAND.

If your future depends on finding 18 to 21 yo pussy, you may have a problem, LOL. Actually, reading you are a resident,i am surprised you have not find a way, with a little effort and imagination, to find what you are looking for. One hint:Walk around or better: try BOOM, up the road to Buddha hill, open 3am to 6.30. What? 3 F$ AM!?! Just a little effort as i said....

I know this 2.00am closing is a pain in the arse for most. Are the bars opening earlier to compensate? or is their a regulation in place regarding opening times?. Personally I prefer starting earlier and finishing earlier.

As a Pattaya resident myself, there seem to be just as many if not more ladies working here than before. They are definitely closing at 2AM and Boom is spotty but there are plenty of bars that are opening earlier to compensate. Of course it's low season now but IMO the girl/guy ratio has never been better. Even the stunners at Superbaby are all smiles these days smile.gif" border="0

[ September 23, 2001: Message edited by: Lucky ]

Pattaya 127,

I agree with your posts about searching a little harder and that may be fine for residents but Pattaya has been such a hit because you don't have to search for 18 to 21 yr old pussy, it's always been on the stage in gogo bars, in beer bars, on the Beach Road, hell everywhere!

A close friend of mine has been living in Pattaya now for 20 years and can talk confidently about the dramatic growth and you can see it all around you. All the building work and take a look over towards Jomtien. That's all being developed also. And the bring the family once a year people contribute in a very small way to that. The main of the money comes from ex-pats living there and sex tourists who visit 2,3 and even 6 times a year like myself. Stay for 2 to 4 weeks and then go home again.

Thailand should look at it's neighbours and ask why it has developed when they haven't. The reputation it now seems to want to be rid of has paid for a hell of a lot in Thailand and tourists of different types have lived fairly happily alongside each other for some time now.

Thailand's loss could be a good gain for neighbours like Cambodia if they can remain stable.

Indeed. Pattaya's success or growth is based on something that's being denied to her in the name of PC-ness. You find there exactly what you want, family stuff, sex, relaxing, sea, sports, food, retirement, long stays, country outings, and everyone goes about looking for his wants as he desires and all cohabitates without making a fuss about the different wants from others. I don't know of many cities in the world where a whole family of tourists walk by a beer bar or a gogo without much thought, except smiling at the motherly attention their kids get from the girls. As a friend says: pattaya, always trashed, never equaled!

quote:

Originally posted by pattaya127:

I don't know of many cities in the world where a whole family of tourists walk by a beer bar or a gogo without much thought, except smiling at the motherly attention their kids get from the girls. As a friend says: pattaya, always trashed, never equaled!

I like your take on things and it's very true. Sadly though if they could take away the sex travellers and their income there would be a lot of empty hotel rooms, condos, restaurants, bars, shops, taxis, gyms and lost looking gogo girls and boys.

Long live Pattaya!

Archived